General Bumble's Bee

Currently reading:
General Bumble's Bee

I thought I had problems on my first little drive out. A general lack of power and a misfire at low revs! Then I realised the fuel is from last year or even 2014!!! A quick fill up and an instant result! Quick photo on the English side of the River Tweed and a half hour blast around the country lanes! Drive safely - Steve

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I was just pulling your leg! You said my video would have been better if the Barch had been red! ;):):):) It looks great...! I'm jealous.. I wanted red.

Let's face it - they are drop-dead gorgeous in any colour (y)

I saw an orange B in Nuremburg earlier this summer - the first I've seen in the flesh - and it was stunning!

You need a wind deflector. It makes a massive difference.

We have great weather at the moment but no time to take the car out.. :(:bang:

Could be worse Steve, but the days/weeks/months just fly by! A big project at work has been absorbing most of my time and energy, but it's so satisfying that I've already put back my retirement date to see it through. And then there's an acre of overgrown garden than needs landscaping, and another 12 window-frames that need repairing, and... and...

Still, it beats vegetating in front of daytime TV, doesn't it?! :D

No grandkids yet, though :(

Last edited:
Good evening friends. Apologies for the lack of posts. Good news is that I have dug my car our from under her dust sheet and despite the battery being totally useless, a pair of jump leads resulted in an instant fire up.

Condsidering she hasnt been running for two years she is looking great and only needs a polish and an MOT.

I will try to post a pic or two tomorrow. Drive safe. Steve

Hey Steve, great to hear that your B is still alive and kicking!

Mine is still festering in the barn. Progress on getting her back on the road is currently one step forward and three steps back (hence my post earlier today about removing the fuel tank! :( )

Not bad considering she has been nearly two years under a dust sheet.
Well, she has passed her MOT again with the same advisories. I have spent more money on MOT tests than on fuel! Engine running a bit rough but fuel has been in car for three years so a fresh fill up has cured the issue.

Drive safely

Steve

Back