General Hi from Bumble

Currently reading:
General Hi from Bumble

Welcome squire.

Post some pics when you can.

Red Key. it can be a problem if you have an imobiliser issue or you want to re-code another key. If you do a Google search for Fiat Red key you will find places that can bypass this for you.

I do not have one and did what I said and all is fine.
(y)

So.........The Bumble B red key is missing.......I don't like droning on but hope it was reflected in the price or you could've got stung. Is it a honey of a car a sweet experience? The latest buzz is that owners without red keys have always overcome all problems. I've never seem to have read in FF of a serious red key issue. So come out of the corner

Hello and welcome. Here is what fiat say about the different keys. This comes out of the owners handbook.

xShel

Attachments

• KeyInfo.pdf
    54 KB · Views: 227
Thanks Nino. I'm told that some high street locksmiths can clone carkeys... have you heard of this?

All of the keys have a code in them for the imobiliser. High Street people can make a key but not with the code in (This is why the Red Key)

I am having my imobilser taken out and installing a top of the range alarm \ imobiliser from Cobra for £399. Cat 1 alarm.

There are many people who can by pass the red key and clone from the others. A handbook tells you the correct whys but Fiat at the end of the day play safe and want your money. I have not had mine since I have owned the car and had no issues.

However if your imobilser plays up then you may. But the best thing is to do what I am doing.

(y)

You should have shouted; "Well, it's beautiful darling but you should have got a red key with it!".

Welcome to the forum, have you got any pictures of your car?

:D

I've tried

Attachments

• Barchetta.jpg
    Barchetta.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 53
Thanks Nino. Bodywork very good and the wheels and tyres are new. Done 55k miles. Black leather seats intact but a bit worn. There used to be a product from a company called Woolies to refurbish tired leather and I might try that. Needs a passenger side headlamp bulb (dipped). I assume I need to remove either the inner wing or the coolant expansion tank? Or is it a write off????

Needs a passenger side headlamp bulb (dipped). I assume I need to remove either the inner wing or the coolant expansion tank? Or is it a write off????

No, it's do-able but you need to work pretty much blind and be double-jointed!

Have a feel around at the back of the headlight to get used to what you need to do, there's a plastic cover and a spring clip - like most other headlamps. It's very fiddly but once you've done it once or twice it's not difficult.

Thanks Matt and thanks also to TJA for the advice although it looks impossible to me..

It's not a nice job. The guys are right, be relaxed and have a feel around the back of the unit.

If you have loads of time, take the front wheel off. Unscrew the inner wheel arch and then you will see the light unit as easy as day.

Where are you located in the country? someone may be close at hand to help.

:cool:

Hi Bumble, welcome to the forum and congratulations on joining the elite of the elite (owner of a RED b!!).....

I noticed your b on Autotrader or Pistonheads - can't remember what one but do remember thinking that it looked like a very nice, clean example.

The headlamp bulb is a pain in the ass as everyone has pointed out, best advice is to have a box of band-aid to hand when you attempt changing the bulb!

Hi Bumble, welcome to the forum and congratulations on joining the elite of the elite (owner of a RED b!!).....

I noticed your b on Autotrader or Pistonheads - can't remember what one but do remember thinking that it looked like a very nice, clean example.

The headlamp bulb is a pain in the ass as everyone has pointed out, best advice is to have a box of band-aid to hand when you attempt changing the bulb!

Yes...you're observant mate. Got it from a guy in London via Pistonheads. First drive was 350 miles almost non stop back home and on a tank of fuel. I agree with your point about the colour although, I was in Verona a couple of weeks ago and there was a grey one which looked surprisingly nice - don't know if grey is an original colour.

Back