General BOOT HELPPP , ELECTRICS

Currently reading:
General BOOT HELPPP , ELECTRICS

Craigfiat

Hi I've been getting problem with boot so I looked at videos and rewired the broken wires. All wires had continuity. So I plugged up actuator nothing. I checked the actuator fuse under glove box, all good. I could hear click when button pressed by glove box. So I started testing the volts at the plug in boot (the 4 pins)
Pin 1= 12.8v pin 2= 6v pin 3= ground and pin 4= 0v ( but 0.2v when boot release button is pressed ) ?? Is this normal.. I assumed the thicker white cable would shoot upto 12+v when boot release pressed. Could it be the actuator?? Thanks

Attachments

• 20230327_130445.jpg
    20230327_130445.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
  • 20230328_162559.jpg
    20230328_162559.jpg
    851.9 KB · Views: 69
I'd assume the same - that you'd get 12v on pin 4, perhaps even if it is only momentary. 0.2v doesn't sound right so perhaps you are getting a significant voltage drop along your white wire somewhere. Was the white wire one you repaired?
Worth checking the boot lock motor separately with 12v on pin 4 and earthed at pin 3, using a known good power source.

I'd assume the same - that you'd get 12v on pin 4, perhaps even if it is only momentary. 0.2v doesn't sound right so perhaps you are getting a significant voltage drop along your white wire somewhere. Was the white wire one you repaired?
Worth checking the boot lock motor separately with 12v on pin 4 and earthed at pin 3, using a known good power source.
I was thinking it should be 12v then my brain started going off on one. And was wondering if to open its +12v then to close its -12v 🤣 I then thought the +2v i get when using the key fob , is because its already in a open or closed state , so can't unlock or lock . I bought a used actuator for £6.99 . For that price its worth a gamble. If that fails I will try the actuator direct to battery. I'm not 100% sure how the actuator works . But like you said thought white cable would go 12v ?? Time will tell . I will post the outcome

Back