General Boot not opening

Currently reading:
General Boot not opening

Kyle10968

Hi guys, just wondering if I can get any help with this boot issue. The button on my dashboard and the button on the key don’t seem to be opening the boot. Been an issue for around a week now. Had alot of rain so maybe water has got on the electrics. Any help will be appreciated.

It is the tailgate lock, that needs new, my mum had issues twice in four years, but they are unreliable. With the rear seat folding down and access to the boot, you see the hole in the plastic trim, put screwdriver in and lift up, the boot open, and remove the tailgate trim with one screw on the handle. You can see the locker wiring, remove the connect and remove the locker and refit new. Not hard as you think.

It is the tailgate lock, that needs new, my mum had issues twice in four years, but they are unreliable. With the rear seat folding down and access to the boot, you see the hole in the plastic trim, put screwdriver in and lift up, the boot open, and remove the tailgate trim with one screw on the handle. You can see the locker wiring, remove the connect and remove the locker and refit new. Not hard as you think.
If the issue still there, the wiring looms rubber hose from tailgate to the body could be wire cut.

Hi guys, just wondering if I can get any help with this boot issue. The button on my dashboard and the button on the key don’t seem to be opening the boot. Been an issue for around a week now. Had alot of rain so maybe water has got on the electrics. Any help will be appreciated.
HI Kyle ,
After driving four hours in torrential rain the tailgate/boot door on my Fiat Punto would not open/operate from the key fob or dashboard buttons . I took the car to Crossways Garage near Clacton on Sea the next day , they fixed the problem (a bad connection to the lock) by cleaning the connection and treating with contact water displacer spray . Five stars to them !

Back