Technical Brake lights not working

Currently reading:
Technical Brake lights not working

Fiatfin418

Hi all,

I have a grande punto 2009, and recently my left rear indicator wasn’t working, and was flashing the brake lights because the connector was corroded from water. I replaced the bulb cluster so I had a fresh connector and cleaned up my connector with some electrical spray and a wire brush. The connector would still do the indicator fault based on the position of the connector. I have a new connector with wiring to solder together but haven’t done so yet. However as soon as I had fitted the new bulb cluster and plugged it in, both my brake lights on each side don’t work but the top one and my sidelights work.

Does anyone know what this could be? Would fitting my new connector with the wiring on fix this issue?

Hi all,

I have a grande punto 2009, and recently my left rear indicator wasn’t working, and was flashing the brake lights because the connector was corroded from water. I replaced the bulb cluster so I had a fresh connector and cleaned up my connector with some electrical spray and a wire brush. The connector would still do the indicator fault based on the position of the connector. I have a new connector with wiring to solder together but haven’t done so yet. However as soon as I had fitted the new bulb cluster and plugged it in, both my brake lights on each side don’t work but the top one and my sidelights work.

Does anyone know what this could be? Would fitting my new connector with the wiring on fix this issue?
Just to clarify I have a new bulb cluster ( the bulb holder) but I have cleaned up the connector with the wiring attached, but have a new one to fit

Just to clarify I have a new bulb cluster ( the bulb holder) but I have cleaned up the connector with the wiring attached, but have a new one to fit
I have this same issue. However, I can get mine back working again by using a cable tie to tie the wires in a certain direction and it’s not gone wrong again since (few weeks ago now).

Back