Technical Bonnet WILL NOT open- HELP!

Currently reading:
Technical Bonnet WILL NOT open- HELP!

Enos

Suck On Them Apples!
Okay,

So im known for having really bad luck and this just tops it all.

My car (2006 GP Sporting) ran out of battery the other day due to me running into my house to answer the phone and leaving the ignition on by accident and that means my sub & amp was running too.

So of course my battery is completely dead, like so dead that when i turn the key, the needles dont move and nothing shows on the odometer. I tried to open my bonnet and nothing happened. ****.

I took my front grill out, removed the horn bracket to try and get a little access to the lock mechanism and that didnt work.

Rang my local Fiat garage and spoke to John a technician who said i needed to jack the car up and get my hand between the radiator and the exhaust manifold and feel for the bonnet wire, then get a screwdriver in there and try and pop it open. i did this and nothing will budge.

When i pull the wire from the inside of the car, theres a lot of tension and it wont move and i can feel that its attached to the mechanism still when i put my hand up there.

I cant tow the car to Fiat because the brake servers wont work with no power and also the AA kindly told me that they wont help me unless i upgrade to the home recovery package for an extra £80! :O

So ive got my pride and joy up on jacks in my garage, with no battery and no way of getting it down to the garage.

Ive read countless forum threads about this and all of them seem to be for the older mk2 Punto's and the Fiat technician said the Grande Punto and the old puntos are completely different regarding getting the bonnet open.

Can anyone help at all? I spent the best part of 2 straight hours trying and trying to get it to open yesterday and im really loosing the will to live now.

Anyone with experience of this problem near the York area that can help me please?! :cry:

Back