Blue and me gone ?

Currently reading:
Blue and me gone ?

Sorry, I never thought it may have been that version. I originally flashed the previous version and it caused the problem so thought I would try the newer 5 version. It made no difference so not sure a newer software version is going to work. I removed the convergence unit and it looks like a cheapo computer PCi sound card. Probably costs only a few quid to manufacture, so for Fiat to be looking to charge me £1000 to change it they are having a laugh and taking the ****. I'll just have to live without the bluetooth as getting rid of car pretty soon. Will make it more difficult to sell it privately though. Could you keep us posted as to your progress with Fiat?

As expected the dealership denied to put it uder warranty, and their reasoning for that was, that I did it myself (just that). Ofcourse this helps me a lot, because Fiat does not have a disclaimer saying that the end user is fully responsible for updating at home... so I took the case to Fiat Italy. I did asked them for an official reply regarding the warranty status of those updating at home.

My advice is: take it to the dealer, no matter what. If something goes wrong (even if its not ur mistake) u may end up paying lots of cash.

Personally, I will try to find and plug a new unit from ebay.

As expected the dealership denied to put it uder warranty, and their reasoning for that was, that I did it myself (just that). Ofcourse this helps me a lot, because Fiat does not have a disclaimer saying that the end user is fully responsible for updating at home... so I took the case to Fiat Italy. I did asked them for an official reply regarding the warranty status of those updating at home.

My advice is: take it to the dealer, no matter what. If something goes wrong (even if its not ur mistake) u may end up paying lots of cash.

Personally, I will try to find and plug a new unit from ebay.

Auto Express magazine has taken an interest in my problem (had someone from the magazine visit me today). Fiat has told them that they only know of two such problems!!!!
Give the magazine a call and tell them about your problem.
Also if anyone else is in same situation it could be worthwhile contacting Auto Express.
If Auto Express run this story Fiat will get some negative publicity, and may have to accept that there is a problem for some of us when downloading and updating their software.
The lack of a disclaimer on their website is a big problem for them.

Back