General Australian 500 owners!

Currently reading:
General Australian 500 owners!

Sorry, this article entitled "Fiat 500 not powerful enough for hills says BBC’s Watchdog"

The forum won't let me post URLs yet.

Don't worry, sadly we know only too well what you are concerned about - you've presumably seen this thread?.

I've copied your post there as I'm trying to keep all discussion on this topic in one place - can everyone please continue this part of the discussion in the other thread?

All other matters Australian, please carry on here.

Last edited:
Finally bit the bullet and got the little black beast tinted today. Thanks to Rob Tait at Cartint in Ringwood. Recommended, very professional and painstaking job and I was able to stay there and watch the whole process. Only the second 500 he's done and the first convertible - so now he's got all the templates.

Attachments

• DSCN0295a.jpg
    DSCN0295a.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 55
Finally bit the bullet and got the little black beast tinted today. Thanks to Rob Tait at Cartint in Ringwood. Recommended, very professional and painstaking job and I was able to stay there and watch the whole process. Only the second 500 he's done and the first convertible - so now he's got all the templates.
nice one! i think those 16 inch rims are heavier than the rest of the car put together = )

You're not wrong Ahmett - they take as long to clean as the rest of the car put together too!

So true, so true. I had to buy a little brush that fits in between the little gaps to be able to clean all the spokes.

And then after a 15 minute drive, the front wheel spokes are all black again :bang:

Next time I buy a car, I'll make sure the alloy wheels have as few spokes as possible :D

I didn't like the rims that gave the thin spokes crossing each other for that exact reason. Many good looking 500's but they turned me off when buying. Mine aren't bad because it doesn't show up as quickly with charcoal rims.

So who here is from Melbourne and wants to meet finally? I am thinking a drive up to the dandenongs would be good fun. I live in Croydon, and always go up via The Basin, through sassafras. Less traffic and great hill climb.

Get back to me and we will see if we can get a few of us together, perhaps go for a coffee to the piggery at Sherbrooke? Hopefully we could do this before the weather turns completely!

So who here is from Melbourne and wants to meet finally? I am thinking a drive up to the dandenongs would be good fun. I live in Croydon, and always go up via The Basin, through sassafras. Less traffic and great hill climb.

Get back to me and we will see if we can get a few of us together, perhaps go for a coffee to the piggery at Sherbrooke? Hopefully we could do this before the weather turns completely!

Yeah, count me in.

Bear in mind I'm totally unfamiliar with the region - haven't been up there in decades!

Happy to join in... From downtown Caulfield ... Could be the start of the Fiat 500 Club Melb ?

Happy to join in... From downtown Caulfield ... Could be the start of the Fiat 500 Club Melb ?

Forum meeting not club - the moment you make it a "club" you end up with a whole heap of politics. ;)

How does last Sunday the 26th of April sound for everyone? Or would may be better?

I probably can do Sunday too. Depends if work calls or not.

Hi all! So sorry for being MIA. Forgot my anniversary and that it was Anzac weekend so there was lots of plans I hadn't considered. I will draw up a map and set a date proper. Will give notice so everyone can hopefully make it. Cheers

Managed to completely miss this, I'm in Hawthorn.

Had my rear number plate stolen last month – literally torn from the car while it was parked in our driveway. My fault for leaving a gap behind it that someone could get their fingers under I s’pose. When we got the cars the dealer had fitted the number plates by the time-honoured expedient of punching a couple of holes through the boot and front bumper and screwing them on with self-tappers so I’d fitted spacers and covers to improve the look.

Now I’m $150 poorer for replacement plates so I’ve fitted new mounting adaptors bought from Securaplate.net.au. They’re powder-coated aluminium with holes to match standard number-plates. The front ones are standard size but they make a special one designed to fit onto FIAT’s nylon plugs in the boot lid. The number-plates are then fixed onto the adaptors, on my car by security screws but the partner preferred pop-rivets.

The rear adaptors are meant to be screwed into the plastic plugs but we preferred to drill these out and use 6mm bolts with nuts inside the boot-lid. The partner’s one is fitted with security heads but for mine I used stainless Phillips-head bolts. Black-finished bolts would look better but I couldn’t find any suitable. Finished off with Altrex covers, they look better and are far more secure.

Back