Styling Armster Armrest - Fiat 500 by diesel

Currently reading:
Styling Armster Armrest - Fiat 500 by diesel

I've managed to get £10 off voucher for all fellow fiat forum members!:slayer:
fiat_forum_armster_10.jpg

Photographer: Nick Shek
Big thanks to my mate Nick who helped with the shots you see below. Feel free to browse his work and leave comments. As a keen photographer I thought this would be a good opportunity to showcase some of his skills, and give you all an informative how to whilst getting £10 off for me too:yum:

The armrest was ordered from http://www.carstyle-bits.com

• Tools required:
  • Philips screwdriver
  • Pencil
  • 3mm Drill
  • 25-40 minutes of your time
The Armster Armrest is an aftermarket option for those looking for extra comfort, style and storage. It has a few quirks in that the height is adjustable, length is adjustable, it can be moved upwards should it need to be moved out the way, it holds two pens and it is padded inside..!

As you can see from the pictures, the armrest comes in two parts: the armrest and the adapter, the latter which is specific to the Fiat 500 and fits over the rear cup holders.
attachment.php

The adapter and armrest are attached via 4 screws:
attachment.php

And moved out of the way (probably only when I drop money down the side!)
attachment.php

The roof of the armrest can be pushed forward 50mm as shown:
attachment.php

The height can also be raised 50mm (but difficult to capture any significant change on an image!)
It can fit a good few items in there, the following with the free Armster pen!
attachment.php

Installation
The installation process requires drilling four holes into the plastic surrounding of the rear cup holders. I did hesitate initially after reading this, but to sacrifice four small holes for comfort, storage and style I’d definitely do it again!
Shown below is three of the four holes, the other which is adjacent on the opposite side:
attachment.php

I simply marked in pencil where the holes were to be drilled:
attachment.php

For safety reasons together with my natural shyness in front of the camera, a steady hand was needed to drill so the camera gear was put down! Result however shown below:
attachment.php

The leather match with my half leather seats is perfect!

attachment.php

Extended roof design provides flexibility for drivers of different heights. I'm 5"10 and prefer the roof to be fully extended.

attachment.php

Welcome storage space after the Interscope Sound System robbed me of underseat storage!

attachment.php

Armrest moved up – as mentioned previously, only in extreme circumstances will it be moved!

attachment.php

Space to adjust the angle of the seats is somewhat hindered, however only slightly.

I'm quite pleased and surprised I didn't manage to break anything during the installation but it was simple and straight forward. The price and drilling did put me off initially, but I feel the interior is now complete with the armrest and it looks the part too..feel free to ask any questions! (It's my first ever 'how to' so don't be too harsh!):slayer:(y):cool: Hopefully you agree with me, Nick's work is pretty impressive so take a look at his blog: http://nickshek.com/blog/ and feel free to leave comments..He should have the installation on there soon too!

Let me know if you agree, if you have one installed already.

Andy.

Attachments

• Armster_Fiat_500-2.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-2.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 3,926
  • Armster_Fiat_500-3.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-3.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 4,411
  • Armster_Fiat_500-4.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-4.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 3,921
  • Armster_Fiat_500-5.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-5.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 3,237
  • Armster_Fiat_500-6.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-6.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 3,242
  • Armster_Fiat_500-7.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-7.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Armster_Fiat_500-8.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-8.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 3,266
  • Armster_Fiat_500-9.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-9.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Armster_Fiat_500-10.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-10.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Armster_Fiat_500-11.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-11.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 3,939
  • Armster_Fiat_500-12.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-12.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 3,282
  • Armster_Fiat_500-13.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-13.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 3,252
  • Armster_Fiat_500-14.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-14.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 3,982
  • Armster_Fiat_500-15.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-15.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 3,860
  • Armster_Fiat_500-16.jpg
    Armster_Fiat_500-16.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 598
Nice one, I think I will get one.

Nice one, that armrest looks awesome im totally gonna get one when i get paid, shame they dont do a black cloth one though.

and thanks for getting us money knocked off. :)

i have one of these but the actual armrest iv had for a few years and has gone really shiney so i need a new top section so it matches the new leather in my 500

I wanted one of these but other photo's I have seen, showed the hand brake when applied being right up tight against the front of the armrest, and so I assume you have to lift the armrest up first to put the brake on ..... Is this the case?

Nice one, that armrest looks awesome im totally gonna get one when i get paid, shame they dont do a black cloth one though.

and thanks for getting us money knocked off. :)

It would be good if they could match the cloth dash - looks like only white/black leatherette atm unfortunately.

I wanted one of these but other photo's I have seen, showed the hand brake when applied being right up tight against the front of the armrest, and so I assume you have to lift the armrest up first to put the brake on ..... Is this the case?

Hi Bhindi, the arm rest does not have to be lifted up to operate the handbrake. Even though I have the roof of it fully extended, I can pull the HB up..albeit slightly from the side. Hope that helps?

does this cancel rear cup holders?

Yes, the adapter fits over the rear cup holders. As with others, I never used them within the first month of ownership :D

I did get one of these in the end..It's not bad I don't think I could drive without it now.

I did get one of these in the end..It's not bad I don't think I could drive without it now.

That's one for your URL.
There would be a market for one that goes with a 'lounge' interior :)
Limited finish - when I looked at it - it didn't suit a red leather interior.

No problems with the hand break...the only thing is the seatbelt is not as easy to plug in at first but after a few times you will be ok.

I have just called them and asked about selling them and they are going to get back to me. If I can sell them I will do a special forum price.

No problems with the hand break...the only thing is the seatbelt is not as easy to plug in at first but after a few times you will be ok.

I agree here, I find new passengers take a bit longer to pop their seatbelt in! :bang: It's great though..I've never moved the armrest up since installation and that's with a mixture of city and long distance driving!

Good news I am now a dealer for them. I will work out a deal for forum members and post it on here.

I have worked out a deal for forum members
The list price is £89.50 and £7 shipping so a total of £96.50
I can do them for £79.50 with free shipping (in the UK) you will also receive a free number plate grippa worth £14.95.
If you want to order one PM me or email me at [email protected]

Back