Technical Another oil cooler thread

Currently reading:
Technical Another oil cooler thread

Right, decided i want to pull my finger out with the oil cooler and get it fitted and the cinq RR'd properly before i move out into own place (when i wont have nearly as much spare cash!)

Done my research...

oil.JPG

that was the badly annotated original idea which never came together... but now its going to be used for same plan

Came under impression would need to get a remote filter, but apparently according to this post;

M@nticore said:
If you look carefully you'll see that the top one is after the filter and the bottom one is before the filter, so if you use the top, you would get a filtered oil supply and if you use the bottom it is unfiltered oil.

if i connect it as turbo feed from the oil pressure sensor bolt tapped then that will be after filter still, then the oil cooler in from the top bolt and the oil cooler return from the bottom bolt :) in theory this wont leave any unfiltered oil but will still be cooled (y)

does this make sense to you guys too? before i go make it happen want to be clear what im going to be doing :eek:

also where can i get the fittings for the block that oil cooler fittings will fit to? :eek: iirc they're M18 1.5 :confused: looked on ebay and i couldnt turn up anything :(

why not buy a oil filter relocation kit with the blanking plate on + thermostat a trader on ebay called mattyzx he can sell you the sandwich plate + blanking plate and pipes/fittings to do the job.

remember you need a m20 threaded sandwich plate bolt but matt should now know this from my last order.

gaz

because i dont have the cash :eek: :p, in middle of buying a flat etc, just want to get this oil cooler on and this is the most cost effective way :)

edit: although that way i wouldnt have to buy a new oil feed pipe :chin: tough call :eek: :(

Last edited:
Hey,

Just thought I'd show you my setup of the oil cooler on the turbo, i hope it may help you out a bit :)

I've got an Earls oil cooler with a Mocal remote filter as tapping into those holes you have marked in green alone won't filter the oil. My dad tried this method and discovered that the oil wasn't getting filtered at all, it just goes past the filter to the oil cooler.

Also as your setup seems very similar to mine, i doubt you will be able to use a sandwich plate. On mine we couldn't use one because there isn't enough room between the filter and down pipe.

Remote filter..
P9300507.jpg

You can just see the fittings in this pic.. You can also see the lack of room for a sandwich plate.
P9280496.jpg

Oil cooler...
P9300505.jpg

You can get the right fittings from Earls or Goodridge both based at Silverstone circuit.

I hope things look a little clearer for you with these pictures, if you want i can find out sizes of fitments etc., as i don't know right now :eek:

emma.

foxyemx said:
You can get the right fittings from Earls or Goodridge both based at Silverstone circuit.

yeah, not much use if you live miles away up north and when you ring goodridge they're too busy playing with a WRC car!

Cheers for that em :)

Have bit the bullet and bought a remote filter kit (takeoff plate + remote filter head + fittings + hose) should be with me soon i hope, decided its gone on long enough without cooler so there we go :) will let you all know how i get on :D

arc said:
yeah, not much use if you live miles away up north and when you ring goodridge they're too busy playing with a WRC car!

Yeah i know the feeling, dad and i went to goodridge a few months ago, and were told they were to busy with Le Man cars :(
So Earls sorted us out, really good service too. They make most things on the spot if they aren't too busy.
If you needed anything give us a shout and i'll see if i can help you out by going up there then posting stuff to you :)

Back