Punto (Mk2/2b) Anish1990's Punto Mk2!

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Anish1990's Punto Mk2!

i assume your plates where stuck onto the bumpers with sticky pads?
Ive never trusted them as ive had a number plate fall off before and fly up the windscreen with speed (bloody honda!)

just a random thought........
In my opinion metal plates arnt that strong when u use sticky pads but im sure many will disagree with me.
your car is on coilies so its not exactly 'smooth' it going to be a off road terrain even on the smoothest of roads, so they could have come off when u hit a speed bump or a pot hole?

i assume your plates where stuck onto the bumpers with sticky pads?
Ive never trusted them as ive had a number plate fall off before and fly up the windscreen with speed (bloody honda!)

just a random thought........
In my opinion metal plates arnt that strong when u use sticky pads but im sure many will disagree with me.
your car is on coilies so its not exactly 'smooth' it going to be a off road terrain even on the smoothest of roads, so they could have come off when u hit a speed bump or a pot hole?

I saw the front and thought okay maybe it did fall off due to coilies and sticky pads. But then, when I went out that night I never took my car. And before I went out I changed the read number plate bulb because the old one was too blue and the number plate was 100% on. So it couldn't have fallen off.. As I never drove it that night..

Just spotted this thread... -- timely, eh...?! :D

I used to do that at one point. Mainly because there's no number plate recess on the front bumper so it looked smooth. Then my old man somehow screwed the front plate on. (before I had pressed plates). But I shall bee driving to Bristol today so I will keep you all updated how it goes!

Just a quick update! No I haven't disappeared if thats what you thought.. I'm still here. The drive to and from Bristol was fine, no incidents! I do have two questions though!

1. I've misplaced my Haynes manual, done searches but can't find much. If someone could do me a favour and check what bulbs the rear lights take. Each bulb type. That would be appreciated!

2. My rear exhaust is knocking on the rear beam. It's driving me nuts. I've read about getting the exhaust re-aligned and I may just have to do that if there aren't any other simple fixes. I've also read this is due to the car being lowered. It was lowered 50mm on springs before and I had no problems.. Lowered it on Coilovers and it's 60mm at the back and it's a bloody headache.

Thanks for all the help people! And a belated happy new year x

I had the same problem with my exhaust pipe being 3 inch pipe to backbox on 50mm lowered suspension, i fixed the knocking by putting a big cable tie around each rubber mount and making it as tight as i could to lift the exhaust up by a few mm

I just had my backbox changed yesterday. The old one was pretty ****ed. I cable tied that one up to the mounts, and then eventually the metal mount on the backbox detached from the box lol. Hence the new one. This one seems to be on pretty tight though. It's so weird. I'll have to somehow get under the car without jacking it up to see if theres a place I can put the cable tie without it melting or a way I can raise it up a bit.

I just had my backbox changed yesterday. The old one was pretty ****ed. I cable tied that one up to the mounts, and then eventually the metal mount on the backbox detached from the box lol. Hence the new one. This one seems to be on pretty tight though. It's so weird. I'll have to somehow get under the car without jacking it up to see if theres a place I can put the cable tie without it melting or a way I can raise it up a bit.

If your worried about melting cable ties, just use a hose clamp/jubalee clip.

Not much of a big update! Had both front tyres changed yesterday. I got 195/45/15 fitted rather than 195/50/15. It stops the front from rubbing.

Also ordered some 4pc Team Heko wind deflectors for £30! Other than that, everythings still the same. Exhaust is still knocking, but when it gets a little warmer I'll get all the mounts changed.

Thanks!

Back