Punto (Mk2/2b) Anish1990's Punto Mk2!

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Anish1990's Punto Mk2!

Anish1990

Just thought I'd share my car!It might not be to everyones taste, but it is to mine! Comments and criticism welcome.

CAR SPECIFICATIONS:

- Model: Punto Mk2
– Engine size: 1.2 8v
- Year: 2002
– Colour: Burgandy red

ENGINE MODIFICATIONS :

- None

STYLING MODIFICATIONS:

- None

INTERIOR:

- None

EXTERNAL:

- Dent On Drivers Door
- Keyed both passenger doors
- HIDs
- Full LED upgrade

CHASSIS:

- FK AK Coilovers
- Fiat Punto Abarth Alloys

ICE:

- Pioneer Headunit

How she first started:

minev.jpg

Ordered some Spax 50mm Springs:

spaxo.jpg

Then came to fitting them! Yes it was done in a car park as it was pissing it down with rain etc. I was "Supervising" as a friend was doing the work :). With it being freezing and raining, we did the fronts and decided to leave the rears till a few days later.

springb.jpg

during.jpg

frontsn.jpg

Rears being sorted out:

randomfoto.jpg

Home Made Axel Stand:

fakeaxeljack.jpg

Old vs New:

oldvsnew.jpg

Rears complete:

rearspring.jpg

Finished product (Pictures do no justice):

donem.jpg

Fitted some 8000k HIDs. I thought I ordered 6000k but I guess I didn't. Yes, they're major bright. But this was done about 3 years ago! Pictures are overly old.

carwd.jpg

car2c.jpg

hidj.jpg

Then came some Strosek alloys.. Which didn't last long as I came across a problem.

yumr.jpg

yum1.jpg

mmmqf.jpg

A bit clearer pictures, and a clean car:

sided.jpg

sideen.jpg

The problem which occured. One of the bolts snapped, the other three came loose. Wheel came off the car and got stuck between the arch and road:

wheelq.jpg

wheel2.jpg

So I got rid and got these instead:

damnyo.jpg

24153510150264929901311.jpg

And this is how the car sits today! It's lower than the pictures above as it's now on FK Coilovers:

rearur.jpg

parkeda.jpg

As what happens on a cold winter morning..:

batteryx.jpg

And some pressed number plates:

platesk.jpg

rearplate.jpg

Thank you for looking :)

Anish

Last edited:
iPhone 3G camera lol.. It's the glare from camera. Since then I've gone from 8000k, to 6000k, and now on 4300k :)

car looks good but i hate to think how it drives on our pock infested roads,gee i hate standard 185 55 15's on standard springs:)
anyway a happy new year for 2015 Anish1990 just in case thats the next time you drop in:D

car looks good but i hate to think how it drives on our pock infested roads,gee i hate standard 185 55 15's on standard springs:)
anyway a happy new year for 2015 Anish1990 just in case thats the next time you drop in:D

I just about manage to drive it about. It's not too bad though. Gets me around, with a few scrapes here and there. Don't worry, I'll try not to disappear this time! I'm mostly a browser than a poster.

All I'm looking to do now is to space out the wheels a little (Need to find somewhere which sells spacers and extended bolts) and I'm also looking for a bonnet bra! If anyone has one for sale feel free to inbox me with a price and the condition of it..

Thanks all! Merry Christmas and Happy new year! X

very nice car mate, im pretty sure your number plate isnt legal as their show plates (my mate with a golf got pulled :()
keep up the good work tho mate!
did you have problems removing the strut from the hub? :p

They're not too bait though. I'd prefer the letters to stick out a bit more than they do. Might look into getting different ones. Didn't really have much problem removing the strut. Although a lot of bolts snapped lol. All been replaced now though! Thanks for the feedback.

Makes me miss my lil red mk2 Punto 'Paolo'. Definitely prefere the rims your running now, getting them spaced will really set it off too!

Need to get them refurbed and spaced! Not willing to pay £50 a wheel but I know I'm going to have to.. I just keep talking myself out of it every time I think about doing it lol.

So, last night I came home and notice my car doesn't have the front or rear number plate on. Some little ****** has decided to take them. I called the police straight away and notified them. I've got spares (luckily). I've tried to read up online about what happens and I've seen that if you have a normal number plate, and notify the DVLA you can get your VRM changed. But it doesn't say anything about just a cherished plate being stolen, only a car with the plate stolen. So what happens if it's a cherished plate? Am I going to constantly get pulled and checked if it's my car or not? If so how long will that last for? I don't know if it's happened to anyone on here (hopefully not) but I'm just looking for someone to shed some light into this. Pretty pissed off but what can I do..

Thanks for any help.

Anish

So, last night I came home and notice my car doesn't have the front or rear number plate on. Some little ****** has decided to take them. I called the police straight away and notified them. I've got spares (luckily). I've tried to read up online about what happens and I've seen that if you have a normal number plate, and notify the DVLA you can get your VRM changed. But it doesn't say anything about just a cherished plate being stolen, only a car with the plate stolen. So what happens if it's a cherished plate? Am I going to constantly get pulled and checked if it's my car or not? If so how long will that last for? I don't know if it's happened to anyone on here (hopefully not) but I'm just looking for someone to shed some light into this. Pretty pissed off but what can I do..

Thanks for any help.

Anish

If it was me, I'd ring the dvla and let them know just to be double sure I'm not gonna get any surprise speeding tickets or fines. If your spares are the same as the ones that have been nicked, I'd leave them off until dvla have advised

If it was me, I'd ring the dvla and let them know just to be double sure I'm not gonna get any surprise speeding tickets or fines. If your spares are the same as the ones that have been nicked, I'd leave them off until dvla have advised

Whilst I was on the phone to the lady yesterday, she advised me that it'll be fine to put the same ones on (spares of course). I had a phone call today and the guy said I'll get pulled but that's just to check who's driving the car. Thy never mentioned anything about contacting the dvla. So do you suggest I drive with no number plates for now? As I'm going to Bristol for New Years, and I live in south London.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Whilst I was on the phone to the lady yesterday, she advised me that it'll be fine to put the same ones on (spares of course). I had a phone call today and the guy said I'll get pulled but that's just to check who's driving the car. Thy never mentioned anything about contacting the dvla. So do you suggest I drive with no number plates for now? As I'm going to Bristol for New Years, and I live in south London.

Never drive with no number plates...! (Not even round the corner; never mind on a motorway full of cameras and cops...!) :eek:

If you get pulled -- with the same plates... -- it will, as you say, only be to check that you're in the original car, and not a possible clone (as jmckee4 hinted...). No problems. No harm done (apart from a slight delay). Driving with no plates is, I believe, (at least) an instant fine; and there is no excuse for it.... (n)

I'm not trying to preach: just don't want you suffering any more hassle... -- as I appreciate that this must be a veritable PITA. Take all your docs (including V5, etc. and licence -- just in case the police do stop you, and want proof...) with you... -- but never leave them in the car...! And have a safe journey...! (y)

PS: My best guess is that your plates have been taken because they're the pressed ones (IIRC...), or because they're personalized...? In that case, I suspect some twonk has just taken a shine to them: and there may be very little risk of your car being cloned.... I believe that you can get locking plate holders -- or maybe you could even use security screws, next time...? So that may save you some more grief, in the long term.... :)

Last edited:
Never drive with no number plates...! (Not even round the corner; never mind on a motorway full of cameras and police...!) :eek:

If you get pulled -- with the same plates... -- it will, as you say, only be to check that you're the original car, and not a possible clone (as jmckee4 hinted...). No problems. No harm done (apart from a slight delay). Driving with no plates is prosecutable; and there is no excuse for it.... (n)

I'm not trying to preach: just don't want you suffering any more hassle... -- as I appreciate that this must be a veritable PITA. Take all your docs (including V5, etc. and licence -- just in case the police do stop you, and want proof...) with you... -- but never leave them in the car...! And have a safe journey...! (y)

I wouldn't have ever dared to drive without plates lol. Don't worry I don't take anything to heart. Everyone's got their own views and opinions. I take everything into consideration! Thanks for everything.

I wouldn't have ever dared to drive without plates lol.... Thanks for everything.

I didn't really think you would... (although was stilling editing my post, when you replied...)! ;)

Was just really worried for you -- and empathetically p*ss*d off, on your behalf.... What a cr*p thing to do (and I know there's much worse things that happen...) at this (or any other) time of year, though.... :(

Last edited:
You might get pulled a few times, but I shouldn't cause too much of an issue. Probably for someone to get free fuel. Did you make them aware they were pressed plates so they can put that on file so if they pull over car with pressed plates they know instantly - I assume your replacements are not pressed :confused:

Re security holders I use these on most of our cars, mainly for ease of fitting show plates, I believe they are pretty much standard fit to UK Mercs also.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressed-m...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c2cf025d

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
You're right. There are worse things which could have happened, and luckily they didn't. No I never mentioned they were pressed plates, but as I've been told as long as I carry my drivers licence (which I always do) there's not a lot to be worried about. At the end of the day, I've not done nothing wrong. There's parts of my car which obviously not many people have on a punto (White abarth wheels, secific stickers on the back etc.) I guess it's a "keep everyone updated on what happens" situation right now.

It's such a nightmare though but not much I can do apart from wait for tickets to come through (if any), have police knock on my door, or nothing at all.

Back