Technical Airbag warning

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag warning

Hi. I have a Fiat Stilo Diesel. The airbag warning light has come on and the dashboard reads check manual. When i checked the manual it says take to Fiat dealer! Any help would be apprecoated. Thanks

You need to read/ take note of the error code. Perhaps use fiat ecuscan or take to any garage to read a generic message. Clear the code and see if it appears again.

I had an airbag error pop up during the heat wave. Had 3 errors. 2 went away after reset, other i had to start car with passenger airbag switched off.

The usual offender is the electrical connection under the passenger seat, which if your one is a 3 door, gets upset after many years of to and fro'ing. If so the first step is to strip and clean the connection, which could solve all.

Is it the white plug? I have put multimeter over it and it shows open circuit rather than a resistance. Apparently you can connect a resistor and fool it into thinking its ok so the light goes out?

Antone?

Attachments

• 20220815_175722.jpg
    20220815_175722.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
Is it the white plug? I have put multimeter over it and it shows open circuit rather than a resistance. Apparently you can connect a resistor and fool it into thinking its ok so the light goes out?

Antone?
DO NOT look search problems with explosive devises using a multimeter set to ohms scale. Doing so could set off the explosive .

**** cheers bud.

What should I use?

Cheers
Supplementary restraint systems

wiring usually yellow(to warn that it for srs)
Visual check to see if wires have rubbed through insulation anywhere to metal part of vehicle body. Causing intermittent short to ground.
Good luck.
Jack

Antone?
The white connector under the seat is for the seatbelt warning light.

Attachments

• RHD LF Seat Wiring Labelled.JPG
    RHD LF Seat Wiring Labelled.JPG
    778.6 KB · Views: 70
ok so I've stripped the sheathing back either side of the connector block as far as the thick protective shielding (looks like it's been done before) but there is no sign of any issue.

Aside from trying to strip it all the way from end to end is there anything I can do to check the circuitry?

Surely the system puts a voltage down it to do its own internal system check? and surely the diagnostic tester puts some kind of voltage through?

Also I have been told that a resistor can be connected into the connector to fool it into thinking its all ok but I don't know any more than that?

I don't even care if the airbag works but as it is it will fail the MOT because the warning light is on :'(

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

No sadly but it might be time to invest in one if you can point me in the right direction 😊

Also i have noticed a large (12 inch or so) section of green/black wire has lost all its plastic sheething under the plastic panel in the passenger door opening which wont be helping but i dont think its this issue because i cant see any green/black wiring under the passenger seat but 🤔

Cheers

Is it really worth fooling the air bag warning light, if you or someone you sell the car to is involved in a serious accident where the pasenger is killed or badly injured you will spend a lot of years in prison.

Back