Technical Airbag noob

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag noob

Yeah most of the serch on faroe islands, is about grindadráp and suff, some people think it is wierd to kill grind and ****ed up :S, but thats who we are and have done it for hounders of years :O

Last edited:
this is how it looks in the rear of the car :S

Attachments

• DSC03550.JPG
    DSC03550.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • DSC03551.JPG
    DSC03551.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
Hello guys some news for you :p

well I did soldered the wires in the back and on the front seats, but airbag failure is still there :bang:(n)

you guys know what I should try next?:confused: realy need to get this failure away :cry:

that a photo of the connector in the glov box

Attachments

• DSC03552.JPG
    DSC03552.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I did soldered the wires in the back and on the front seats, but airbag failure is still there

In your original picture, the wiring colours don't match each side of the connectors. Have you found out the correct way to connect the wires?

If not, you could still have the same problem because of that.

Your glovebox connector looks original. You could try disconnecting it and cleaning the contacts with electrical contact cleaner.

Dave.

Last edited:
I did solered the wires the same way as they where connectet in the start, it must be the right way if they where connecet that way, but still don´t know for 100% yet ;S

hmm yeah thats the photo of the connector in the glov box, but the wires do not match the wires in the seat, yeah i think i will give it at go cleaning them, i tryed to reconect them but nothing happend :S

Can the D4 connector give Airbag failure if it is wet?:confused:

hehe we have a Fiat dealer here,

yeah here are a few Fiat cars driving, not much off stilo :S

I just wish some had a photo of the wires on the seats with the same color as mine :bang::bang:

hmm yeah thats the photo of the connector in the glov box, but the wires do not match the wires in the seat, yeah i think i will give it at go cleaning them, i tryed to reconect them but nothing happend :S

Can the D4 connector give Airbag failure if it is wet?:confused:

The connector above the gloveboax is for the passenger airbag. It is nothing to do with the connectors under the seats, so the colours of the wires will not match the wires under the seats.

The airbag wiring does not go through the D4 connector.

Dave.

Unfortunately, it's not only the connectors you've checked that can cause the "Airbag Failure" warning. There are also several other connectors and sensors and the ECU (Electronic Control Unit) that could be fault and cause the warning to illuminate.

The Fiat Examiner diagnostic equipment would be able to tell which circuit the fault is in. Alternatively, some independant garages may have the Bosch or SnapOn equipment that can also read Fiat airbag faults.

Dave.

Back