DSC_000323.JPG

Grande Punto About time

Introduction

Been a member of good old Fiat Forum for a few months now and its helped me out a lot and gave me a few ideas for my gp! So i thought it was about time I get a few pics up of my motor and some ideas I've got for him..

DSC_000323.JPG

DSC_000615.JPG

Only got the alloys the other week so I'm getting them lacquered before they're put on for good..

Already got:-
20% tint on rear 3 windows
17" fiat alloys on toyos
and thats it haha

Plans:-
Front licence plate vinyled anthracite
White light bulb headlights
Rear mudflaps and possibly front if I can be bothered cutting around the side skirts..
Possible red badge upgrade
HEKO wind deflectors
Front quarter windows blacked out
Lowered on Eibach Sportlines
and any other little ideas I get but thats all the main things for now until I get a permanent job anyway!
Reactions: SJB1985
it is indeed on fk coil overs but i haven't wound them down too much, only wanted to eliminate arch gap at the front, ive not got round to sort them out yet, im raising the back a little bit and lowering front soon but im not going silly until weather gets nicer and ive got new tyres and alloys

it is indeed on fk coil overs but i haven't wound them down too much, only wanted to eliminate arch gap at the front, ive not got round to sort them out yet, im raising the back a little bit and lowering front soon but im not going silly until weather gets nicer and ive got new tyres and alloys

plus theres about 10 speed bumps on my retail park where i work alone, cba with all the scraping, its bad enoug has it is. now im gonna stop thread jacking lol!

Not had a proper update in a bit...cause I've had no time to do anything! But I'm now thinking of not debadging the grill but instead getting the new red badge and spraying it anthracite the same as my rear? I've never been a fan of the badgeless grill on my colour and they both work out the same price (if I get the grill from fk, IF) so I'm unsure. Grill will be getting sprayed anthracite either way!

Last edited:
I actually have an update! Haha and you'll never believe I got my mudflaps on!
Not the clearest picture but...
20130227_174307.jpg

Tried drilling the screw out and ended up pushing the screw through the plastic wheel arch! Turns out there was no chance of me getting the screw out...was completely hacked
20130227_160807.jpg

And to make it better the washers provided with the screws didnt even fit!
20130227_164749.jpg

Managed to get one mud flap on without even undoing the screw on wheel liner, just pried it open a bit and shoved the flap in! So frustrating since it was so easy :bang:
But they're on, and im happy :D

Re: Re: About time

20130227_174307.jpg

Tried drilling the screw out and ended up pushing the screw through the plastic wheel arch! Turns out there was no chance of me getting the screw out...was completely hacked
20130227_160807.jpg

And to make it better the washers provided with the screws didnt even fit!
20130227_164749.jpg

Managed to get one mud flap on without even undoing the screw on wheel liner, just pried it open a bit and shoved the flap in! So frustrating since it was so easy :bang:

I am pleased you got this sorted mate.

20130227_174307.jpg

Yeah i got mine on week or so ago. Again, a doddle aren't they...we were both just unlucky first time around i think. When i had a second go at it i had it done within an hour. Couldn't believe my luck.

They make the rear of the car look so much cleaner, leaner and fat. Which is ALL a good thing! I love them. The front for me though drag everywhere, and getting on my driveway each and every time makes my heart sink as you hear them bending/dragging haha.

Was the 'Punto' part of your rears white in the first place? They are black on mine, and i've considered given them a little red spruce up...but yours are white already:yum:

Also, the screws provided with washers do fit. Perfectly, you just have to hold the washer with a clamp and screw the screw in whilst holding the washer, goes on all the way down nice and easy. Its just really tight to hold with your finger tips. Impossible with your fingers even, but with a screwdriver and pliers its easy ;)

Last edited:
Yeah i got mine on week or so ago. Again, a doddle aren't they...we were both just unlucky first time around i think. When i had a second go at it i had it done within an hour. Couldn't believe my luck.

They make the rear of the car look so much cleaner, leaner and fat. Which is ALL a good thing! I love them. The front for me though drag everywhere, and getting on my driveway each and every time makes my heart sink as you hear them bending/dragging haha.

Was the 'Punto' part of your rears white in the first place? They are black on mine, and i've considered given them a little red spruce up...but yours are white already:yum:

Also, the screws provided with washers do fit. Perfectly, you just have to hold the washer with a clamp and screw the screw in whilst holding the washer, goes on all the way down nice and easy. Its just really tight to hold with your finger tips. Impossible with your fingers even, but with a screwdriver and pliers its easy ;)

They're ridiculously easy! One side I never even had to take the screw out, just pried it open a bit and went in no bother! Ouch never nice to hear anything scraping (n)
Nah they come black, I just used a white tyre art pen to colour in the punto bit :p red would look different! Haha

If you have to struggle to get them on then why not make the hole a tiny bit bigger to fit the screw perfectly haha! I just used some spares that i had lying about.

Glad to hear you got yours on though! Completely change the rear, considering theres not a lot you can do to the back....I love them :D

you should be an H4 mate, H1 means it has 1 connecting prong on the bulb, H7 has two and H4 has the three, have a look first just by taking the connecting socket off the bulb, if it has three holes, its H4 (y)

jst gone to fit my bulbs turns out theres two prongs and not three so basically all the bulbs i bought are useless haha (n):cry:

Right well I've finally got round to doing my custom badge, I sanded it down and sprayed it, only to find the spray paint has reacted with the silver on the fiat wording and gone all flakey :/ so now the full badge is anthracite, need to start again! (n)

Re: Re: About time

Right well I've finally got round to doing my custom badge, I sanded it down and sprayed it, only to find the spray paint has reacted with the silver on the fiat wording and gone all flakey :/ so now the full badge is anthracite, need to start again! (n)

This was the reason why I stripped the entire badge mate :)

Back