General A few ???s while looking at 3dr JTD Dynamic

Currently reading:
General A few ???s while looking at 3dr JTD Dynamic

phil-t

Hi, new on here, but been looking around at 3 door JTD Dynamic Stilo's.. (early 02/03 models)

Just a couple of questions though!

1. Blue interior's - what's the opinion on this? I've only seen it in pics, and am not that keen, but wondered what people think of them 'in the flesh'?
Are the standard black/grey cloth interiors readily availble via breakers etc? or too costly?

2. Dynamics with just Radio Cassette - just 2 out of all the dynamics I've seen are advertised with Radio Cassette's, which seems odd, unless just about everyone forked out for the CD player upgrade? can these be sourced at a reasonable price, or can you put a CD changer on the radio/cassette?

3. Colours - There seems to be several 'silver' or 'grey' colours on 02/03 models, some say 'light blue metallic' or similar, and some just say 'gray' but look almost the same, are there 2 or 3 subtle shades of silver/gray?

thanks...

Blue interiors look okay with the right colour outside, they look okay to me with Broom yellow & Sassi Grey (the bluey grey colour) but not much else that i can think of. The black cloth is more common tho.

Most 3 door Dynamic models have CD players or tape players with Multichangers in the top (hidden) glovebox. Only a few will have just a tape player i suspect. Tape only seems more common on 5 door models.

There are quite a few shades of grey:

Sassi Grey: bluey colour
Grigio Steel: Silver
Crystal Green: greeny bluey silvery mixture

and a dark gunmetal type of grey (may be called Orion Grey).

Sassi Grey & Grigio Steel suit the 3 door well i think, the gunmetal doesn't show it off to its best.

Other good colours are Broom Yellow (if you dont mind getting turned heads), Sprint Blue (really bright blue), the navy blue colour (quite rare) & Scilla Red (kinda Claret colour).

Hi mate,

As Liam says some of the Dynamics (like mine) will have the auto changer (5cd) in the top glove box hidden away. You wouldn't know its there as there are no handles, just a flap that looks like an airbag.

The bluey interior doesnt look to bad to be honest. It seemed quite hard wearing when i was looking for one.

Whatever you do dont buy one with leather, i'd much rather have the cloth interior in mine!

Matt

EDIT: just thought i'd say if you want to know what shade of colour mine is, its the Grigio Steel.

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Whatever you do dont buy one with leather, i'd much rather have the cloth interior in mine!

Matt
Hey I know this is an old thread however I am looking for a stilo and planned on getting leather. Why do you not like the leather interior?

What are peoples thoughts on cloth vs leather with the stilo?

I never posted in that thread..:eek: :p blue cloth is crap and ist hard waring at all [I hated mine]looks as though fiat got a job lot down some blooming bootsale..leather is cool as long as your prepared to keep it looking clean and tidy and if you let it go all nasty and jizzy it will look :yuck:

Hey I know this is an old thread however I am looking for a stilo and planned on getting leather. Why do you not like the leather interior?

What are peoples thoughts on cloth vs leather with the stilo?

Cant comment too extensively on the cloth interiors, though some older cars seem to look pretty tired, with streched & baggy seat covers.

The older models with leather that was either plain black or plain cream seem to get abit saggy with age, but i have the facelifted model (from around 04 reg) with cream & black two-tone leather & it appears to be wearing very well. At 55,000 only a slight bit of streching has occured in the driver seat, but nothing anywhere else. The leather also appears to be perforated with tiny holes which i dont think the earlier models had.

Leather is pretty rare on the Stilo though, except for Abarth models.

i prefer the darker interior... it tends to match the cars very well whatever the colour. the bluey interior can look a bit weird with certain cars.

as for the cd player.... have you checked the hidden glovebox :)

heres a pic of mine... its the grigio steel colour :cool:

Back