Technical 500 wheels

Currently reading:
Technical 500 wheels

500Norway

So, the wheels for my Twin Air Sport arrived today.. Since the car is still in production its impossible to try them on just yet..

Just to ease my mind I was wondering if anyone has got experience with 16" 7,5" ET35 on the 500 ?

To be specific, its the Ronal R50

16's, ET 35 is ok. 7.5"is wide on a 500. What size tires do you intend to use?

Yeah the width is my concern, they show up in every configurator as a match for the 500 TA, even on Ronals own website. The car will be lowered aswell when it arrives.

I see Ronal themselves, and the Tuv papers say original 195/45s.. Normally I would consider that quite a stretch..

Not allowed to post urls it seems, but at ronal-wheels.com they have a section called showroom

Normal width for 195 is 6.5.
I think they will looked quite stretched on 7.5's.

Are the 16" that comes with the Twin Air Sport 6,5 ? If so the difference should be around 13mm on each side with an offset of 35.. That doesnt sound to bad.. If they are 6 inches, the difference should be 19mm on each side, which is starting to scare me..

Regarding stretching it is not desirable but the plan was to get the original tyres on the new ones and get winter tyres for the ones that come with the car... Seing the TUV papers state this dimensions and knowing how the authorities in Norway are, Im guessing Id have to stick with that.

Yes, 6.5" is standard width.
Check some tyre size vs rim size charts to see if 7.5" is ok for 195's.

I don't think the stretch is too bad, the rims on the wifes Scooby are 7" wide and the tyres are 205's and I don't think 7.5" will look too crazy, if there is any issue it will be that you might not pass the Norwegian equivalent of an MOT and/or the rims might hit the struts, I don't know what the clearances are like with the 500's struts at the front.

Been trying to do some research and there is a member on the American forum that have the same ones, shown here.

Then found one guy with 7,5 16" Offset 30 in Finland here. From my limited knowledge of this topic it seems like my Ronals will stick out 5mm less on the outside due to the offset being 35.

Actually it might be that the stretching of the tyre will help to minimize any rubbing... Oh how I hope that I dont run in to any problems.. The rims are awesome.

As long as I have the TUV papers, the Norwegian equivalent of the UK MOT should not be a problem.

Last edited:
Offset doesn't work like that. Your wheels sit 5mm further in from the arch, that is all the offset means.

TUV papers simply mean that the wheels aren't made from goat poo and hay and won't fall apart when you drive off for the first time.

Regarding the offset, I think we both are saying the same, I just didnt write it well enough. Yes, 5mm less on one side and 5mm more on the other side.

Over here the TUV papers are more or less the difference between getting an "OK" or "NO GO" in the cars registration certificate, but I agree with your description of it.

I appreciate all inputs :) Thanks

The TUV certificates can be model specific, in the case of these Ronal R50 rims they are specific for the Fiat 500 model 312. Same goes for my lowering kit which have the papers issued for the Fiat 500 and the Ford Ka.

Heres the ones for the rims, page 5 shows the 500.
Tuv for rims

It looks like you've done your homework and despite the tyres bring a bit of a stretch everything should be fine.
Those wheels look great on the 500 by the way.
Which lowering kit did you chose?

Went for AP Coilovers, got them recommended by the dealer

Will be amazing : )
Make sure you post some pics for us to see.

Back