Technical 3 years standing Panda 1.1 resurrection.

Currently reading:
Technical 3 years standing Panda 1.1 resurrection.

Richsvan

HI I’ve a 2009 1.1 that I’m trying to get going. It’s my mothers car and it’s been sat unused for about 3 years and rarely used prior to that (sub 8k miles). The battery charged up ok, but I wouldn’t start as the starter had seized. I freed that off but it still won’t start. I did get it going with easy start spray but it ran really rough. My fault code reader gives the following codes P0460 and U1602.
Any tips appreciated as I’m keen to get this running and MOT’d.
Thanks
Rich

There is a guide somewhere on here.
Pretty sure it covers re-spooling the cable correctly. Can't find it at the moment as laptop seems to have had a disagreement with an update it downloaded and is refusing to play.

The correct plastic clips are almost unobtainable, and I have a collection of "wrong" ones I have been supplied with in the past. Most of the ones on ebay seem to be badly-copied 3d prints of Doblo clips, which nearly fit, but will never sit properly on the slider plate.

The Panda clips appear to be the same from 2003 to 2012, but I have only ever managed to remove two without the plastic clip part breaking, and one of those broke when re-fitting. They just get brittle. Fiat dealers sometimes have them listed, but usually don't seem to have any stock.

If someone on the forum with a 3d printer wants to make a batch (of each side) I can probably supply some "nearly unbroken" ones as patterns if it would help.

Back