Technical 2021 Fiat 500 Hybrid Central Locking

Currently reading:
Technical 2021 Fiat 500 Hybrid Central Locking

Scootymad

Hi all,

I have an issue with my central locking. When I lock the car by either the fob or key in the drivers door, it clicks and flashes but doesn't lock, it immediately unlocks.

I can lock the car from the inside and it stays locked though.

Anyone experienced this before please?

Thanks in advance!

Is something stuck in the door or boot that isn’t letting it shut properly?

If the doors are open at all this is the same thing that happens. Fast flash and you hear the locks not able to lock properly.
I couldn't see anything, but it's pitch black out.

It's strange because when I lock it from inside, it stays locked, just not on the key or fob

Previously written off so warranty was void
AH okay I see. Hmm, that opens up a new world of potential things that could be causing the issue. From a sensor somewhere having been disconnected or damaged to stop working :-/ Sounds like it's definitely in the electronic side of the locking system, if the physical lock from the interior is working fine and consistently

There is a micro switch inside the door latch, if damaged or disconnected then the car will think the door is still open. The actual sensor is the door ajar sensor, which tells the car if the door is closed fully/properly.

A standard thing on all fiats is if the door is open or not closed properly (ajar) then it will unlock again, locking it manually when in the car overrides this

It’s likely you need a new door catch but you need to work out which one is the problem, drivers or passenger side. I seem to recall it would not do this with a boot catch.

Also worth checking with fiat if it still has a warranty the manufacturer generally would not know if a car has been damaged and repaired unless someone specifically told them

Poissible faulty door lock micro switch or solenoid. Operation of the solenoid triggering a short causing the door to unlock. Manual / mechanical locking via internal handl works as short not occurring - no electrical involvement. I would check the wiring and door locks starting with the drivers door lock and wiring. Could be an earthing issue in teh locking circuits?

Back