Technical 2015 Cult drivers mirror

Currently reading:
Technical 2015 Cult drivers mirror

djbmc

Hi all newbie here first post

Bought my 2015 Cult 1.2 last year which was a Cat N/ D - damaged on the drivers side & repaired. Changed wing mirror caps recently and noticed that only the passenger side had wiring for the mirror heating. I'm assuming that when the drivers side was repaired they either ran a non heater enabled wiring cable from wherever it comes from or the heater wires are tucked away somewhere that I cant see.

I'd like to get the mirror heating working again on the drivers side. What are my options here/ what will I need to do to achieve this ? happy to get my hands dirty lol

Thanks in advance.

If the wires are there which they probably are(unless it's had a new door but then you'd keep the original loom?) then change the glass to heated and wire into loom just before door plug? This is a current work in progress to get our pop to have heated mirrors though that require much more wiring

Hi,

Wiring is normally a plug at the base of the mirror

You might have 6 wires in the door side, but only 4 on your mirror side

I believe it's the same mirror as the 199 punto, 🤔

So lots around
from what you've said I'm taking it that the wiring for heating the mirror should be up to where the mirror unit meets the door - & in that case if I buy a new complete heated mirror unit it would be plug & play ?

If the wires are there which they probably are(unless it's had a new door but then you'd keep the original loom?) then change the glass to heated and wire into loom just before door plug? This is a current work in progress to get our pop to have heated mirrors though that require much more wiring
going by what I've seen the heater element wires come out of the cable after it comes through the bush or whatever its called - they aren't there so that would tie in with what Varesecrazy said - so maybe they just put an electric mirror on at repair time as opposed to an electric & heated mirror on it.

from what you've said I'm taking it that the wiring for heating the mirror should be up to where the mirror unit meets the door - & in that case if I buy a new complete heated mirror unit it would be plug & play ?

I believe so

I Had to repair my punto mirror, common issue of damaged mount m spring

Look in the GUIDES

500, PUNTO GRANDE, and Panda 😉

There are pictures of what the heated mirror wiring is supposed to look like in this post.

And in your case, you can always copy what's on the other side.

It'll be straightforward if the door wiring is good to the connector, more problematical otherwise. With an accident repaired car, the only way to find out what's actually there is by inspection.

The easiest way if you have the wiring to the plug is just to buy a secondhand heated mirror complete; it'll take less than 5 minutes to fit (well, maybe ten if you need to swap the covers) and you don't even need to open the door.

Post 26 shows the wires ( on the passenger door on a car with heated mirrors), on your car is there a brown wire with a black stripe on the door side plug, that's the heating feed wire.

Back