General Wing mirror glass

Currently reading:
General Wing mirror glass

Ganntak

Hi all, I wanted to replace my Fiat 500 2012 passengers wing mirror glass as it never heated up so i guessed it either needed a new glass or a fuse. I bought the glass popped the old one off only to find A, mine wasnt heated anyway and B, the connectors on the new one were much wider and wouldnt go into the connectors. Luckily i managed to get the old one off without any damage though the connectors were hard to get off i gently prised it with a flat head and got them off. Anyway its working with the old one movement wise but im at a loss with what to do now. I mean if i order another will it come with the same wide connectors? Would a garage just snip the wire normally and put a wider connection end piece on or even snip the new one down by half with tin snips or something ? Anyone had this issue?

might be worth trying to find a good used one on e-bay or the like there might be pictures of the part showing if the connectors are the right size or if not you can always message the seller and ask! best of luck!

Ahh yeah that makes sense they probably cheaped out by only having the drivers side heated. Still least it moves. Thanks for the replies!

I never seen that only the driver side mirror is heated. I think that the car got a new complete mirror (not only the glass) at some point in time and that they cheaped out and bought a non heated version. Most likely the connector behind the door card is the same for al versions only with more or less wires connected.

Pictures of OEM 500 heated mirror internals in this post.

This is from a 2010 car; yours should be the same if it had heated mirrors as standard and it hasn't been modified since it left the factory.

Removal and replacement of the mirror glass does not require any wiring to be cut or modified.

If your internal wiring is different, fitting a heated glass replacement won't be straightforward.

Last edited:
Back