Technical 2014 Fiat 500s - all sorts of starting and battery issues - need advice on 'proxy alignment'

Currently reading:
Technical 2014 Fiat 500s - all sorts of starting and battery issues - need advice on 'proxy alignment'

Charlotte500

Hey guys,

So long story short, I need to know if it is absolutely necessary to do a 'proxy alignment' or computer restart you could say whatever, in order for the parasitic draw to register and stop happening????

I have removed the blue and me which I believe was the problem, but still having battery drain and not start. I have had battery tested and it is fine, and I have tested alternator (drove car around to get battery up, and then read at 12.3 then started car and reads 14.4, so alternator is working).

My second question is with TPMS, but again, if I disconnect this as its going to make mileage flash as its looking to connect (mine is out in front left tire), does it really matter if i dont do a proxy alignment?

I was hoping to disconnect these modules and solve the problem as I dont care about blue tooth nor the TPMS, but if all of that work is for nothing without resetting the computer then this is where I am with this.

I've also seen that you can buy something to hook to computer for around $50 to do this? The dealership would charge $150-200 just to hook it up and clear it and I'd rather spend money on whatever tool I need to be able to modify or deal with computer in future, obviously a better deal.

Please advise on if a 'proxy alignment' (I had never heard this term before until now and I've dealt with many cars I guess its per type of car and different terminology), and also any recommendations on what to buy in order to do this that will last me awhile, its a 2014. I'm also curious is that TPMS is a parasitic draw too, but that doesnt really matter because if I remove it too like the blue tooth but cant reset the computer then theres no point, right?

Thank you!!!!!!

Hello,

Yes, the name 'proxy alignment' is typical for FIAT and MultiEcuScan. It's a FIAT group dedicated software. You can read details on www.multiecuscan.net

You'll also find a list of suitable interfaces and adapters required for your car. I've bought a bluetooth OBD2 port interface which connects to the PC via bluetooth. After proper configuration never had problems with that. I got it almost 3 years ago for something like 40 USD in the EU.

The mileage flashing seems like proxy alignment need :)

Before launching the proxy alignment procedure backup the original config just in case, there's an instruction somewhere on the forum here.

Last edited:
Is the TPMS needed in the USA? it's a legal requirement in the UK now.

Back