Technical 2011 Ducato power windows & mirror issues

Currently reading:
Technical 2011 Ducato power windows & mirror issues

SteveHujanen

Hi,
The power windows & side mirror adjustments have stopped working.
There is no power to the related fuses and the fuses are ok.
I have searched for a wiring diagram but unable to find one, can anyone advise where i can find one?
Regards
Steve

Hi Steve,

Electrical wiring diagrams are included in Fiat eLearn for the x250, which is available under the "Downloads" button top of the page. It is a large document and requires a Windows computer. Navigating your way through eLearn can be daunting. It has been descrbed by forum member Ocwobio as "Like peeling the layers off an onion.".

Perhaps for a quicker check it may be worth checking the "midi" fuses at the battery fuseboard, which is mounted on the battery positive terminal, Those fuses marked 1 & 2 are listed as supplying the cab fusebox.

See attached extract from X250 Training Manual.

Alan

Attachments

• x250 Battery Fusebox.pdf
    309.6 KB · Views: 68
Hi Steve,

Electrical wiring diagrams are included in Fiat eLearn for the x250, which is available under the "Downloads" button top of the page. It is a large document and requires a Windows computer. Navigating your way through eLearn can be daunting. It has been descrbed by forum member Ocwobio as "Like peeling the layers off an onion.".

Perhaps for a quicker check it may be worth checking the "midi" fuses at the battery fuseboard, which is mounted on the battery positive terminal, Those fuses marked 1 & 2 are listed as supplying the cab fusebox.

See attached extract from X250 Training Manual.

Alan
Hi Alan,
Thanks for the advice, it has taken a while to get back to this issue but this is what I found -
All fuses are ok.
Relay T13 operates when removed & with 12v applied to the coil but not when its installed.
The Windows & mirrors work with 12v directly applied to T13 contact output.
It appears the issue is either with wiring from T13 to (or within) the body computer.
All circuits work with fused 12v connected to T13 contact output, this has been working ok for a while & hasn't affected any other functions.
Regards
Steve

Attachments

• Van Windows.pdf
    339.7 KB · Views: 67
Always worth checking the wiring at the door hinges..
drivers door 1st as that will have flex-stressed the cables more :)
Sound advice, but in this instance as relay T13 is not operating, there will be no power going to the windows. Also as an aside it makes me reflect that as we use the sliding door, and remote almost exclusively on our PVC, we should not have faulty door harnesses.

@SteveHujanen,

Following from my above remark, a few years back I discovered that the central locking was not working via a LH cab key turn. I found broken socket inserts in multiway connector. (I used the connector repair to facilitate adding a dash mounted lock switch.)

If you are brave, and follow the procedure for disconnecting the battery (see guides tab at top of page), you should be able to unplug the BCM, and check for continuity to the relay socket, or through the relay coil., and check connector contacts. As the BCM controls many other functions, including the key code, you may not wish to go that far.

Alan

Hi Alan,
Thanks for the advice, it has taken a while to get back to this issue but this is what I found -
All fuses are ok.
Relay T13 operates when removed & with 12v applied to the coil but not when its installed.
The Windows & mirrors work with 12v directly applied to T13 contact output.
It appears the issue is either with wiring from T13 to (or within) the body computer.
All circuits work with fused 12v connected to T13 contact output, this has been working ok for a while & hasn't affected any other functions.
Regards
Steve
Hopefully you now have a copy of the wiring diagrams for the Ducato. Do note there are quite a few errors for colours
and part descriptions but wiring 'seems' to be correct.

Think you have proved all fuses after T13 (F45, F47, and F48) are ok so problem is pre this.
Not sure about mirror supply (not fitted on my 2007 model) but check fuses
F38 (10A), F49 (7.5A). If these are ok then remove relay T13 and check pins onto the fuse box with ignition ON.
First check that there is 12 volt on pin (socket ?) 85 and 30. These are paralleled. If ok then if possible
try to connect a multimeter to pin 86 with the relay in circuit (fiddly).
It should show 0 Volts with ignition on. If 12 volts then the problem is toward what is known as the NBC body computer node.

You might try looking at wiring toward the module, (pin 14 on CX/CY 20 pin connector)) which is the actuator for T13 but be very cautious.

Just been though most of the above due to problems with the passenger window which turned out to be the driver side switch assembly
full of muck shorting out the switch. While checking/fixing managed to blow fuse F45 and spent some time going over the window electrics.

Cheers,
Martin

Hopefully you now have a copy of the wiring diagrams for the Ducato. Do note there are quite a few errors for colours
and part descriptions but wiring 'seems' to be correct.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cheers,
Martin
Errors in eLearn appear to be the norm.

Back