General 2006 2.0 JTD 16v? Rare or non-existent?

Currently reading:
General 2006 2.0 JTD 16v? Rare or non-existent?

Idpowell

Hi guys, I'm new here... Love the forum by the way. I have a question which I really need answered as am contemplating a remap on my Scudo.

I bought the van 3 weeks ago and love it. It pulls like a train and am convinced it has more than 90 and a bit bhp under the bonnet. The dealer I bought this from - a reputable local guy had this advertised as 16v and 110bhp and backed this up when I went to pick it up by saying that this 16v engine in a scudo was 'quite rare'. Since then I've scanned around this forum and looked up the car on auto trader and it looks like it may be 8v and therefore 90 something bhp...

So the questions simple really - did they actually put the 16v in the scudo, or was this only fitted to the mpv version? (Can't remember what that's called)

I want to be sure as if I go down the chip route, then I'm assuming that this may be quite an important bit of info to pass on to the supplier to get the correct one fitted! :confused:

Cheers all!

Last edited:
As far as im aware the 8V engine is unusual in the scudo. The 8V engine is commonly used in the citreon dispatch but most if not all scudos 2.0 jtd's are 16V.

Thanks for that. I guess auto trader have the wrong engine noted for my registration... Is there any foolproof way I can check this (without taking the head off the engine)... :)

I would try phoning your local fiat dealer with the reg number and asking them. They should have it on record

Hi, just want to check something... There are 3 2.0 JTD engines in use in the scudo (post 2004), right? :confused: engine code M13, M14 and M11.. M11 being the 16v - 110bph, M13 the 8v 110 and the M14 the 8v 95bhp?

From the engine code on my van, it looks to be the M13. Can somebody confirm that this is the 110 / 8v version? Really confused as to why they bothered with the 8 and 16 v which seem to kick out the same bhp and torque? I'm assuming the 16 is a bit smoother / more of a refined engine?

Cheers chaps

Back