120mph - 0 in .68 of a second

Currently reading:
120mph - 0 in .68 of a second

You shouldn't believe everything Newton said, inventing gravity doesn't mean you're always right.

Newton's fourth law might well state-

"The diffences in forces acting on a body either colliding with stationary body at 120mph or two bodies, each travelling at 60mph, colliding are largely academic, either way you are royally F***ed"

You shouldn't believe everything Newton said, inventing gravity doesn't mean you're always right.

Newton's fourth law might well state-

"The diffences in forces acting on a body either colliding with stationary body at 120mph or two bodies, each travelling at 60mph, colliding are largely academic, either way you are royally F***ed"

I think you've just missed the point completely. 2 cars having a head on @ 60mph each is equivalent to one car having a crash into an immovable object @ 60mph. Each car is still only doing 60mph and still only has the same amount of energy to dissipate.

I think you've just missed the point completely. 2 cars having a head on @ 60mph each is equivalent to one car having a crash into an immovable object @ 60mph. Each car is still only doing 60mph and still only has the same amount of energy to dissipate.

My point was that it's largely irrelevant, the post was also rather tongue in cheek

Hit another car travelling at 60 & you're in big trouble.

Hit a solid (stationary) object at 60 & you're in big trouble

Hit anything at 60 & you're going to be very badly injured, or dead, remember EuroNCAP only test at 40mph

My point was that it's largely irrelevant, the post was also rather tongue in cheek

Hit another car travelling at 60 & you're in big trouble.

Hit a solid (stationary) object at 60 & you're in big trouble

Hit anything at 60 & you're going to be very badly injured, or dead, remember EuroNCAP only test at 40mph

You don't seem to get it though. The facts are the facts and you said they weren't...... :confused:

You don't seem to get it though. The facts are the facts and you said they weren't...... :confused:

It wasn't supposed to be serious(y)

Apart from the bit about Newton inventing gravity, everyone knows this is true

Back