Technical 1.9 multiwagon jtd

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9 multiwagon jtd

joemac

Hi guys
could anyone tell me how east is it to change throil, oil filter and fuel filter on a 1.9 jtd

kind regards

p.s. where is the postion of the oil filter and any special tools required.

Really easy mate do it myself
Hope this helps.

Fuel Filter - Right in front of you when you open the engine, Large Silver Cannister, simply screws on/off, I recommend filling the new one with fresh fuel before you install it. (Screw is on by hand as tight as you can DONT use a strap etc) ((To be honest i seized the opportunity to put a bit of fuel treatment in the new filter - but this isn;t a MUST!)

Oil filter / Air filter - Easiest way is get the car up in the air.
The air filter is under the passenger side, change it when you change the oil filter, as you need the car up in the air for the oil filter anyway.

Remove (if fitted) the under body protectvie panel (mind your eyes for dut, bits of bird, dog, pedestrian etc when you do this.

The Oil filter is Off centre, drivers side.///MAKE SURE YOU DRAIN AS MUCH OIL OUT OF THE SUMP AS POSSIBLE BEFORE REMOVAL ELSE YOU'LL GET A RED LETTER FROM GREENPEACE DUE TO ALL THE OIL EVERYWHERE FROM THE FILTER\\\
Use a Strap or filter removal tool, dont go all old school and Stab it with a scredriver, becuase if you sheer it you left with no oil filter at all, and Oil everywhere. (£££££££). Get your new oil filter, smear some oil around teh seal and hand tighten it tot he car, the secure with your tool (ahem!).
Refit Sump plug

Air filter is easier accessed by unclipping the pipe the bends under it, From memory i think it;s and intercooler pipe or similar, screwdriver easily prises the clip off giving access to the Air Filter (Unclip the retaining clips and slip the old filter out)
Whilst the old filter is out, before you put the new one in, grab the chance to remove any dust,rubbish,leaves from the filter box.

Pop the new one in, refit the pipe (Double check it is secure).

Put protective plastic panel back and lower car.

Fill with oil (I think but double check 4.5 litres is right for the JTD).

DONT START THE CAR YET, AS YOUR FUEL FILTER NEEDS PRIMING.

TURN THE IGNITION ON YOU SHOULD HEAR THE PUMP PRIMING (sounds like a low buzz/drone),when the heater coil/plu lights goes out, Turn off and repeat this step, about 8 times.

Check there is nothing leaking / squirting everywhere / on fire / exploding (j/k)
And start your car.
If it dies after a brief time, you need to carry out teh priming of teh fuel filter (although, every one i;ve done, works first time after the intial 8 cycles)
Good luck
Rob

Back