General Sell 84 X1/9 now or later?

Currently reading:
General Sell 84 X1/9 now or later?

SMULLEN

Classic Question:

I have a 1984 white X1/9 that has been repaired to the point that EVERYTHING WORKS -- and it looks great too. Since I'm getting old -- now 70 -- obviously I'll need to sell in the near future. But the longer I drive it -- summers only -- the more likely something will break causing yet another expense. Money, I no longer have "just for fun."

Keep in mind I've spent almost $7000 on my baby.

Are X1/9's appreciating fast enough to justify putting more money into it because the car is getting more valuable each year? Or, should I sell now?:confused:

Comments please!

PS: I bought from a 72 year old NW airline mechanic who no longer had a valid drivers license. Don't want that to happen to me.

Thank you,
Steve

Attachments

• photoa .jpg
    photoa .jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 52
  • photob.jpg
    photob.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
These are definitely worth more in the states than in the uk.
Chat to the guys over on Xweb, that's the us x19 chat site, they might even buy it, she looks great!

Thank you for the tip on Xweb!

Another nice one just sold for under $5K which seems very low to me. Seems I might well keep it and set a limit on repairs. Then worry about selling her.

May have it shipped from MN to Las Vegas where she can be happy and drivable for many more months a year. I put $1000 into getting the A/C reworked so the car is drivable even n very hot days.

Thank you for noting how good she looks. Needs a detailing as last summer was spent fixing everything! Hardly, got to driver her.

Steve

Back