General Yet another thread on induction kits - mk1

Currently reading:
General Yet another thread on induction kits - mk1

rainmaker

Hello guys, i just got a punto mk1 60 sx (1st car). I'm really into modding the punto a bit because I see it as a great car.

So, i'm trying to find a good induction kit but I only seem to see K&N around and there are like 1 million threads saying that K&N cause you to lose power :bang:

Apart from GSR are there any other good kits around? And where can i buy them online?

Also, is there any place to buy a GSR kit online which can ship to Malta (Europe)?

Thanks for the incoming replies, and keep up the good work in FF ;)

Hey there and welcome to the fiatforum!
I bought an induction kit about a month ago, seemed to give me a bit more power (Dad driving it as i'm only 16) and sounds great.
I bought it off eBay, It looks like the Focus induction kit that everyone raves on about for the MK2.
I'll get you the link.
An don't go for the K&N. This induction kit, is better than K&N but not as good as GSR for power and performance. Also it's cheap..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/94-99-Fiat-Punto-1-1-1-2L-8V-Air-Induction-Kit_W0QQitemZ400040455753QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item400040455753&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Hope that helps matey

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yeah saw this kit, looks great. Does it come with everything I need to fit it?
Shame the shipping for malta costs more than the kit itself :p

Thanks

Last edited:
Great, thanks!

Btw, is there anyone else who sells these kits? Maybe the shipping will be a bit lower :)

And, does this kit fit at the front of the car or behind the battery?

Karbineftw, post a picture of your induction kit pleeeassee :p

still cant figure out why there is a hole in the bob :confused:

Karbineftw, post a picture of your induction kit pleeeassee :p

still cant figure out why there is a hole in the bob :confused:

I'm typing this on my ps3. I'll go on pc and upload a picture for you. What do you mean there is a hole in the Bob?
There should be 2 extra holes in the kit aswell as the main filter.
One is for air (not sure where it comes from) - thats the small hole that you slide into the rubber part of the induction kit
Then there is the larger pipe, this comes from your block, I believe it carries fumes of petrol so your car can use them for the intake.

The hole in the rubber part of the bob. Saw a picture here where it is completely closed of..

Attachments

• BOB.jpg
    BOB.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for the picture Karb. :)

One last question, the "t" pipe you used to connect that blue pipe. Is that the car's original one?

Attachments

• DSC00904.jpg
    DSC00904.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 33
Thanks a lot Karb <3 you're my hero..

you can see the t pipe i highlighted if you maximze the image :p

Karb do you have any figures for the performance of the induction kit? even if its just 0-60 times or increased gear range/better pull and not bhp figures? thinking of buying one of these kits and just want to see if it'll make a difference! How does it sound?

Cheers mate

Karb do you have any figures for the performance of the induction kit? even if its just 0-60 times or increased gear range/better pull and not bhp figures? thinking of buying one of these kits and just want to see if it'll make a difference! How does it sound?

Cheers mate

I can't really get you any drive times due to me being 16! lol. I went out driving in it yesterday for the first time though (Tockwith driving centre) so I can't exactly give any idea of the difference from it before and after it being on if you get me. If it helps I could get you a video from the engine bay to hear it. It sounds really nice. but I also have a powerflow exhaust system so you may be able to hear that too :(

****in buy it, the sound is amazing and i'm still using the standard silencer.

My uncle (mechanic) said that it improved in acceleration.. Didnt really test it but for the price it's worth it even for the deep sound.

Now, since getting one of these = more pressing of the gas pedal to hear the sound, will it make any damage to the car? You need to go over 3000 rpm to hear the sound. Is that making any damage to the car? (I had the cylinder head damaged and had to skim it and change the gasket etc)

Thanks for the help Karb btw, good induction kit :)

Last edited:
Karb, how did you fit the small tube into the back of the rubber part of inc kit? did you just use the origional pipe from the engine, replace the whole pipe or use a go between pipe?
Cheers mate

cheers mate, yeah i thought you must have done! i'll have to find something similar.
Do you know if that tube has to be plugged in? i.e. if i drive my car without it in will it damage the engine at all? cause i'll have to sort it tomorrow and need to go out tonight!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back