General Yellow light help.

Currently reading:
General Yellow light help.

jajc238

Hi i have a 2006 1.4 punto, only issue i have is when i open the door, it brings up a yellow triangle and yellow pad light with the red door light. Has anyone else had this issue and how did they fix it? Cheers

Hi i have a 2006 1.4 punto, only issue i have is when i open the door, it brings up a yellow triangle and yellow pad light with the red door light. Has anyone else had this issue and how did they fix it? Cheers
Just a guess, but maybe a broken wire in the loom at the door hinge area.
It maybe an idea to have the error codes read with a diagnostic tool as on most cars they use a Can Bus wiring system which if those signal wires break or cannot pass the low voltages they use for the ECU they come as a twisted pair and any repair to them needs to be done in a certain way.
There are details regarding that on the internet.

Hi

The Yellow Pad has me confused..

I have only had Diesel Grande's.. but dont recognise that

Quick test.. just the drivers door doing this..??

Open drivers window... close door... is light off?? ( you can lean in to see screen better )

Walk around.. open passenger front door

Leave open

Walk back to drivers side..lean in ( with drivers door still shut)
is PadSymbol On..or Off..??

You now know wether its only triggerrd by drivers door :)

Hi

The Yellow Pad has me confused..

I have only had Diesel Grande's.. but dont recognise that

Quick test.. just the drivers door doing this..??

Open drivers window... close door... is light off?? ( you can lean in to see screen better )

Walk around.. open passenger front door

Leave open

Walk back to drivers side..lean in ( with drivers door still shut)
is PadSymbol On..or Off..??

You now know wether its only triggerrd by drivers door :)
Hi seems to be all doors. When doors are closed no lights, but when any 1 door is open, then the 3 lights come on. Im a newbie with cars anyway but this has me miffed. The 2 lights are a faint yellow tho

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20230303_150847.jpg
    20230303_150847.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Hi again,
thanks for the pic (y)

Interesting they are still lit with the engine running... so obviously ' activated'

You seemed to think they are 'Dimly lit'

Next to the 0/zero on the rev counter is the Yellow emissions light..

That lights until the engine starts.. is that MUCH BRIGHTER..??

The dim yellow warnings are not too familiar to me.. but Probably related to Break Wear Indicator

The Brakes use Friction material that wears down with use (like the soles of shoes..)
To warn you they are 'getting low' there is a device that touches down as the breaks are applied...making an electrical citcuit..so the warning light comes on

The wiring for that is in a Harsh Environment.. so its not unheard of to get false errors :(

The triangle and circular arrow is unknown to me..

Is your car a manual..or automatic?

Doesnt have 'Stop-Start' does it?
Yeah the edmissons light is a light brighter when first comes on. These two are very faint. Looks brighter in pic but are faint. Manual. Its strange as only comes on when doors are open. Had pads done couple weeks ago. Just wondering if the drivers door loom can cause this if theres a break in wire? Would it also affect other doors too? Thank you for advice so far

Dash otems Glowing strangely could be a whole range of things

My 2012 has a similar thing..but seatbelt lights.. supposedly caused by Damp in the PCB of the dash..
Ive seen it for the last 5 winters.. no other problems :)

BUT...

Grande door wiring can get stressed and break..

My old 2007 had ElectricWindow problems.. Really weird.. but wiring repairs fixed it

I will add a link :)

Dash otems Glowing strangely could be a whole range of things

My 2012 has a similar thing..but seatbelt lights.. supposedly caused by Damp in the PCB of the dash..
Ive seen it for the last 5 winters.. no other problems :)

BUT...

Grande door wiring can get stressed and break..

My old 2007 had ElectricWindow problems.. Really weird.. but wiring repairs fixed it

I will add a link :)
Ok thank you. Mot aint due till aug but just wana sort that issue as its an alright lil car. Thank you for advice

My wiring is at the bottom..this damage isnt unusual

Peel back the rubber boot and look for wires that have lost their insulation..
That might explain your issues

I unplugged my loom..as I needed to Solder some repairs

The Grey plug

Has a mechanism in it..
The looped handle on it drives Gears inside the plug

So jiggle the plug as you slowly move the hoop..and it will drive the plug out of the socket
(Reassemnly can be fiddly.. timing the gear so the plug and hoop are down home together)
ONLY UNPLUG IF NECESSARY !

You should be able to view the wiring with the plug still in the door pillar :)

My wiring is at the bottom..this damage isnt unusual

Peel back the rubber boot and look for wires that have lost their insulation..
That might explain your issues

I unplugged my loom..as I needed to Solder some repairs

The Grey plug

Has a mechanism in it..
The looped handle on it drives Gears inside the plug

So jiggle the plug as you slowly move the hoop..and it will drive the plug out of the socket
(Reassemnly can be fiddly.. timing the gear so the plug and hoop are down home together)
ONLY UNPLUG IF NECESSARY !

You should be able to view the wiring with the plug still in the door pillar :)
Thank you for that, will be taking a look sunday as only day off ive got but ill get back to ya if i sort it or dont. Cheers

Back