Technical Yellow Engine light - Combustion chamber temperature too high

Currently reading:
Technical Yellow Engine light - Combustion chamber temperature too high

Commerou

Hello guys,

I'm looking for some help regarding my girlfriends Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 from 2006.

The reason being that the engine light is on periodically, sometimes it flashes while driving and other times its constant for an amount of time.

My dad had a friend run diagnostic with a bosch tester, where it indicated too high temperature in the combustion chamber. I've since then swapped thermostat, water pump, air filter, oil, oilfilter, ignition coils, spark plugs, timing belt, V-belt and ignition cables. The light remains the same.

I sadly do not remember the error code and i know that is troublesome in regards to pinpointing the error, but maybe some of you have some experience as to what it might be? Maybe it has some common faults - such as the map sensor (i've seen some videos on this)?

Hi, i'm sorry i thought the 1.2 was only petrol! I'm not the experienced Fiat person. It's a petrol driven car.

Something may have got lost in translation.
There is nothing in the engine that measures combustion chamber temperature, so it cannot report it. The code is being interpreted incorrectly.
Does the engine misfire?
The plug wires do tend to fail after some time, and ideally should be replaced every couple of years. When they fail, they can cause coil failure, so needs fixing sooner rather than later.
Then engine light, I'm guessing is the yellow one, that is an engine symbol. A flashing engine light is usually showing a problem occurring then, and this is often a misfire. The most usual problem when the light comes on steady, is an oxygen sensor failure. The post-cat one is the one most likely to fail, although sometimes the pre-cat one goes first. Does this problem happen during the first few kilometers, then settle down? If so, an oxygen sensor heater circuit is most likely.
Needs another code read, preferably with Fiat specific software. Fiat does seem to speak a different language than most. Search 'MES', or 'MultiECUscan' for details of the best aftermarket software for Fiat, but this needs a PC, and a kit of cables.

A lot of basic OBD code readers are VAG (VW). BASED

And therefore a Code P*#*#.
Could well mean Engine Temperature fault on an Audi
But a Coolant Temperature fault on an Alfa Romeo 🤔

Codes for engine misfire.. Tend to be pretty uniform
P0301 : cylinder 1 Misfire

Ideally use Any code reader to get All of the Codes from this Punto

Then SEARCH them on here..

That will often lead you to a Solution as well 🙂

FYI :

Cheap ones only read P%%%% codes
ENGINE / MOTOR 😔

For ABS.. PAS . Etc you want better EQUIPMENT to read the 'body computer'

So a photo of the Punto dashboard and warning light will be helpful 😉

The warning light IS the engine warning light.

1696401726329.png

I however don't know how we came to the conclusion that the combustion chamber got too hot, if you say that there is no way to measure or any code that indicates it.

I will have a check with the bosch tester this saturday again.

In regards to engine misfire, i do not know, i'm not good at hearing those sorts of things. It feels like it has it's power.
I have already replaced the spark plugs, ignition cables and coils.

We did infact in the previous measurement measure the oxygen sensors, they seemed to measure correctly.

Back