Wrong Details on V5 Documentation

Currently reading:
Wrong Details on V5 Documentation

arrogantowl

Hi there guys,

I am about to sell my Fiat and have been getting all the paper-work ready when i noticed the V5 form has the the incorrect Model type on it for the car that I have.

I brought the car new from a Fiat Garage (Perrys of Portsmouth) I do have the original paperwork from them showing what model i brought (its just not reflected on my V5)

Does anyone know how i sort this out (I called the DVLA but was told that "someone" at Fiat need to sort this out)

Any help appreciated in advance
Cheers

What model have you got?
What does the V5 say?

Detail will help provide a better answer.

Special editions are often shown on the V5 as the model they are based on. This negates the need to register and type approve as a separate model.

Its a Fiat Panda

The V5C shows : Model : Active
In reality the Model is a "mylife" (as showing in the documentation from the dealer where is brought it new)

I do have supporting documentation to show i brought a "mylife" just don't seem to know who will help sort this out? I would have thought Fiat need to sort this out as they would origionally supply this information to the DVLA?

Its a Fiat Panda

The V5C shows : Model : Active
In reality the Model is a "mylife" (as showing in the documentation from the dealer where is brought it new)

I do have supporting documentation to show i brought a "mylife" just don't seem to know who will help sort this out? I would have thought Fiat need to sort this out as they would origionally supply this information to the DVLA?

As said, sometimes special edition models like the mylife are registered on the model they are based on. For example quite a few Panda multijet sportings (earliest ones for sure) are listed on v5's as Multijet Dynamics.

I had a similar problem when I bought my Stilo. V5 said Stilo Active, but it was a Dynamic. I sent a copy of the ePER (Fiat parts catalogue) descriprion page for my VIN and a letter from the local Fiat dealer saying it was a Dynamic to the DVLA.

"Howmanyleft" shows the Mylife as a separate model. http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?page=2&q=fiat+panda&utf8=%E2%9C%93

Back