Styling Wrapping or spraying dash

Currently reading:
Styling Wrapping or spraying dash

Hey,

Got another question, have many ppl had there dash wrapped or sprayed...

I.e. the coloured part. Ive searched and got a link on how to remove it that looks okay to do.

Would love to get it done gloss black or flocked, would it be possible, if so anyone got any pictures and possibly what it cost them :)

I have lots of plans so I apologise about lots of questions :p you'll get used to it lol.

I did see something a long while back about this,
If your a dab hand with vinyl its relativly easy, all you would need is a spray bottle full of warm sopey water and a tesco clubcard wrapped in a thin lint free cloth.
- clean surface
- spray with water
- spray sticky side on vinyl
- Lay on slowly and carefully not worrying about overlap
- push bubbles out with card
- ensure its all stuck down
- trim edges
- PROFIT???

I did see something a long while back about this,
If your a dab hand with vinyl its relativly easy, all you would need is a spray bottle full of warm sopey water and a tesco clubcard wrapped in a thin lint free cloth.
- clean surface
- spray with water
- spray sticky side on vinyl
- Lay on slowly and carefully not worrying about overlap
- push bubbles out with card
- ensure its all stuck down
- trim edges
- PROFIT???

Thankyou a decent reply.

Yes the corsa and punto share parts and infact the same chassis design, thats why my spax rsx coilovers on my corsa would fit the punto but Im not going to fit them.

Anyway thanks for the good comment.

Thankyou a decent reply.

Yes the corsa and punto share parts and infact the same chassis design, thats why my spax rsx coilovers on my corsa would fit the punto but Im not going to fit them.

Anyway thanks for the good comment.

If you can do without a car for a while, remove the dash panel and send it off to be flocked (y)

Yeah Im thinking about it. Cant you still drive it when its removed anyway, its just a dash panel?

Either that or spraying it gloss black and doing a few other things in carbon fibre wrap :)

haha no you cant still drive the car without a dashboard, im pretty sure its not just a cover that needs to be taken off. Im not a fan of painted or wrapped interiors they can very easily look chavtastic. Cloth wraps look much better

Im 95% sure the coloured part is a cover as I found a tutorial on how to remove it.

Im not on about spraying the whole dash :p lol

Just the small coloured piece. That is already painted and in the later models comes in lots of different colours....

Im 95% sure the coloured part is a cover as I found a tutorial on how to remove it.

Im not on about spraying the whole dash :p lol

Just the small coloured piece. That is already painted and in the later models comes in lots of different colours....

got a picture? i have the earlier model with just a small silver strip along the passenger side of the dash

I've wrapped mine with a carbon fibre vinyl, took me and my dad about an hour to do but its worth taking your time

Back