Technical wiper blades

Currently reading:
Technical wiper blades

stiloryan

did you all know the new stilo facelift which has just come out new interior,new dash etc is fitted with the brilliant aero wipers those which are on volkswagens and look really futuristic they are the same fitting as the old ones just need to order new wioper arms and blades my 54 plate has cost me £45.00 all in and wait for it fiat are fitting them for free (theres a god somewhere ) i think these make the car look really modern

mark (y)

Wilkinson do the old fashioned ones for about £ 2.00 each . I'd love a Golf or new Focus but £ 45 for new wipers is a bit cheeky.

stiloryan said:
did you all know the new stilo facelift which has just come out new interior,new dash etc is fitted with the brilliant aero wipers those which are on volkswagens and look really futuristic they are the same fitting as the old ones just need to order new wioper arms and blades my 54 plate has cost me £45.00 all in and wait for it fiat are fitting them for free (theres a god somewhere ) i think these make the car look really modern

mark (y)

Just had this debate earlier when picking my car up . . . is it £45 for both arms AND both blades? Seems on the cheap side to me, but if they are, I might be making a purchase :)

leelee said:
Does anybody know what these arms and blades are called as my local dealer doesn't seem to know what i am on about, (Typical)

Tell him to go to 2006 Stilo (so on STILO FL 2003), wiper slide (slide 1 of 55514), and it's the wiper arms and blades with the "D10453" mod applied.

Hi Rich

On eper slide 1 it shows the blade as item 10 right? and im guessing that item 4 which is the wiper arm has been modified to fit this blade? or would that arms that i have on the car fit them?

Lee

leelee said:
Hi Rich

On eper slide 1 it shows the blade as item 10 right? and im guessing that item 4 which is the wiper arm has been modified to fit this blade? or would that arms that i have on the car fit them?

Lee

Hey Lee

Unless your Stilo is BRAND new you'll need the new arms as well as the blades.

Indeed part 10 is the new blade, and item 4 (wiper arm) has two variants; old style (C10453) and new Aero style (D10453). I haven't got prices so am going to get them checked out tomorrow.

Cheers Rich

I spoke to a couple of dealers and the prices as follows 1st quoted £25.00 + Vat for each arm and a further £10.00 each for the blades, 2nd quoted 20.00 + Vat for each arm and a further 8.50 each for the blades.

Lee

leelee said:
Cheers Rich

I spoke to a couple of dealers and the prices as follows 1st quoted £25.00 + Vat for each arm and a further £10.00 each for the blades, 2nd quoted 20.00 + Vat for each arm and a further 8.50 each for the blades.

Lee

Hmm, I'll ask my dealer tomorrow, they're very generous with their discount for me :D:p (God knows I keep them in business!)

Retro fit Aero Wiper Blades!

Hi ALL!

Ive have the aero blades but without the need for the arms?:slayer:

Check out http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
Look under retro fit aero wipers. all sizes available

They have the aero blades which fit directly onto the exsisting arms!

i think they cost me £25 ish for both inc postage,

They look the business and wipe better than my bosch super spoiler ones which i only had on for 4 months!
(y)

if you don't want the hassle of changing the arms,
then i think these are a bargain.
Fitting Time 1min each.

Cheers Luke:slayer:

Attachments

• aero.jpg
    aero.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 94
Re: Retro fit Aero Wiper Blades!

Thanks for the photo Luke! :) Suddenly the thread becomes a lot more interesting!

I'd like to get some of these myself (since my blades need changing).

Do you know, once upon a time (in the 1940's, forty years before I was born) car wiper blades looked just like this, a strip of alloy pivotted on the arm, with a rubber blade... The more sophisticated multijointed carrier design came about with the greater curvature of the windscreens... I suspect that this resurgence of the old thinking is made possible by the flatter windscreens of today's designs (comparing my Stilo with my Uno, for instance).

The marketing is just faintly ridiculous (http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.php?productid=16708&cat=706&page=1) talking about the '1000 contact points' - what utter $#%!... obviously if the blade by itself has 1000 points, so will the blade suspended in the carrier...

Anyway please don't take all this the wrong way, I'd like to get some for my Stilo :) pity they don't sell them in NZ yet (but give us a couple of years...)

-Alex

Re: Retro fit Aero Wiper Blades!

Surely if the whole blade is on the screen there is 1 contact point; 1000+ contact points would mean that you had to have 999+ non-contacting points, hence a poor wipe!

Back