Windows 7 - Discuss.

Currently reading:
Windows 7 - Discuss.

just buy partition magic
the formatting and drive moving abilitys are poor from what i have seen so far
managed to crash it to ctrl alt del screen twice

During install windows allways used to be ok-ish :(

soo what. Whats wrong with a 100mb System partition?. Linux uses the same for /boot (albiet doesn't have to be a seperate partition) similar thing happens here I think....

I feel for ya about the audio though. What Sound hardware is it?.

I dont mind linux using what it wants but when MS bloatware starts demanding 100mb partitions and creating them in the middle of my free space it annoys me :eek:

It's integrated with my MSI mobo - HD Realtek 7.1 audio.

It's integrated with my MSI mobo - HD Realtek 7.1 audio.

Shouldn't have any issues with that, I've got the same on my mobo and it works fine :confused: In fact, not only that but it installed without needing to download any drivers. The only driver I had to get separately was for the wireless network adaptor - lucky I had access to another PC for that!

7800GT and I get 5.9/5.4 for graphics.

Overall i'm at 4.5 because of my memory score (DDR 400mhz). The rest is over 5.

I love windows 7. It has truly been re-worked for performance. Its is insanely good. IIRC the kernel is newer just reported to be only .1 higher to maintain compatibility with apps as some apps rely on the kernel number for app compatibility.

Cheers,
MiG

5.7 because of my crummy 80GB hdd.

6.2 graphics, 6.9 processor, 7.2 ram. No idea what you need to get over 7 on the graphics!

My install seems to have duffed up, cursor dissapears from the screen and it won't open Total Media.

Really need to find my XP MCE disk. :cry:

I can get a student copy of Windows 7 for £30 (GBP) but the offer is only for Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade or Windows 7 Professional Upgrade.

Will I be able to do a clean install with either of these or will they only install on top of my existing Vista Home Premium?

Dave.

I can get a student copy of Windows 7 for £30 (GBP) but the offer is only for Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade or Windows 7 Professional Upgrade.

Will I be able to do a clean install with either of these or will they only install on top of my existing Vista Home Premium?

Dave.

clean install for Europe

Back