Styling Window tinting

Currently reading:
Styling Window tinting

Hi , has anyone tried tinting their rear windows on their three door gp , I was going to have a go myself using the soapy water and squeegee technique but got told the tailgate window has to be heat shrunk ??? Has anyone done the tailgate window without the heat shrinking thing , ta , Dave

Hi , has anyone tried tinting their rear windows on their three door gp , I was going to have a go myself using the soapy water and squeegee technique but got told the tailgate window has to be heat shrunk ??? Has anyone done the tailgate window without the heat shrinking thing , ta , Dave

Heat shrinking is generally only used for the rear window because of the curve in it. Cant see why you would need to do the side windows like it

Not what you want to here, but I've NEVER seen a decent DIY tint job. Should really done by experts. The rear window is especially difficult. The professionals will tell you that even they get it wrong from time time & they have the facilities to carry out such work.

Not being a doom & gloom merchant. In all honesty if you give this a go, come back & tell us how you got on.

Haha as they say on top gear ....how hard can it be lol ...as the windows have a black border around them I was going to just tint them not all the way to the edge , I'll have a think and see what happens , cheers guys

What happens is the little white bubbles appear all over the tint, (& they will) after even if you manage to get the tint onto the window without difficulty. You may be pleased by doing what you think a decent job, but it will look a bit done it myself in a short time.

It's worth going online & see how the experts in action. You need to be inside & enough space to do the deed. Everything has to be clean.

Back