Technical Window Moulding

Currently reading:
Technical Window Moulding

David_Lexicon

Anybody knows the part number of the window plastic strip front passenger side of a Fiat Uno 1.0 Fire 1994?

Please see attached photo.

Thanks.

Attachments

• fiat uno.jpg
    fiat uno.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Could anyone tell me how to get this out without ripping the rubber? Cheers.

Could anyone tell me how to get this out without ripping the rubber? Cheers.

It is best to reach up inside the door as Unoturbo'd says, and release the plastic strip from the metalwork (the strip is shaped so that it hooks over the metal).

However, another way is to wind the window down and then use a slot-head screwdriver (flat blade) inserted against the glass to engage in the plastic strip rolled-over edge, which can then be pried towards the glass and thus un-hooked from the metalwork. I've tried to show what I mean in the attached picture :eek: It's easiest to start this at the front end with the window wound down, because the glass is completely out of the way (front door). Once you get it started, the rest of the strip pulls off easily - with no need to remove the door trim.

Good idea to replace, by the way, because the rubber part usually shrinks and leaves a big gap at the ends - and I reckon this is a main contributing factor to rust in the bottom of Uno doors.

I recall that you have a 5-dr Uno, so a 3-dr provides a good source of replacement rubber strips - just trim to length. Or, take the inside rubber strips off yours and exchange - a good old trick - after all you don't need a proper seal on the inside! The inside plastic strip has cut-outs to clear various parts of the door metalwork. You may want to swap the plastic over too as the inside plastic is less faded - but you will have to make the cutouts carefully and it's a horrible material to cut...

-Alex

Attachments

• IMG_3067.JPG
    IMG_3067.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back