Technical Whining Turbo

Currently reading:
Technical Whining Turbo

Fistral

Hi all,
My Fiat dealership pointed out my turbo was noisy when my 57 plate 1.9 Sporting was recently in for a service. All I can hear is a whining noise which increases with revs but seems to disappear when I'm in a higher gear - is the turbo on its way out or is this something easy to resolve?

Mark

Hi all,
My Fiat dealership pointed out my turbo was noisy when my 57 plate 1.9 Sporting was recently in for a service. All I can hear is a whining noise which increases with revs but seems to disappear when I'm in a higher gear - is the turbo on its way out or is this something easy to resolve?

Mark

Have you noticed any loss of power? is it a whining or a hissing noise? might be worth inspecting hoses for any splits?

My turbo whistles quite loudly, especially compared to my mum's Alfa 147 which is basically the same.

My Jag whined from new. Sounded like a police siren somewhere in the distance.
It did 90,000 miles like this .. :)

Hi both, thanks for replying. No loss of power at all, but the whining noise does sound exactly like a police siren! No warning lights showing either so as it doesn't seem to be affecting performance I might leave it as it is.

Hi both, thanks for replying. No loss of power at all, but the whining noise does sound exactly like a police siren! No warning lights showing either so as it doesn't seem to be affecting performance I might leave it as it is.
Mine is exact same pal, my mum got in and thought there was a police car somewhere haha, I personally think it sounds awesome :D

Back