General Which model?

Currently reading:
General Which model?

cervaro

Going to look at a couple of late 2006 '56' plate Grande Puntos tomorrow morning, thankfully in the same village near to where my parents live.

They are:

(1) GP Sporting 1.4 16v, 28k, £5,999
(2) GP Sporting 1.9 MJD, 43k, £5,750

From what I can gather searching online today, the former is pretty overpriced according to both Glass's and Parkers price guides, whereas the latter is not far off. Of course, that's subjective, and the 1.9 is my preferred car.

Which would members recommend overall, and what should I be prepared to pay for either option? Never bought privately before, and my last two cars have been from new, so bit clueless when it comes to cutting a deal on a used car to be honest!

Lastly, the listing for the 1.4 mentions Blue & Me with USB connection, etc., whereas the 1.9 just states Blue & Me. Is this essentially a standard set of connections, or was the USB bit extra?

Personaly i think the 1.4 is over priced but the 1.9 mjet isn't to badly priced at all. I payed 5.5k for my 06 mjet with 30k on the clock. I think i am right in saying that the 1.4 sporting has got 100 hp but the mjet has got 130 bhp and this can be mapped to over 160 bhp easly. You will also be getting 40 mgp out of the mjet and on a run this goes up to 50 if driven right, so you see the mjet and faster and more economical than the sporting need i say more.
If it was me i would buy the mjet any day, saying that i did :D

I'd opt for the M-Jet - you'll only regret not opting for having that extra power later on.

4598169531_1e83a07175_o.jpg

Grande Punto Sporting 1.9 Multijet

Neither of the ones I mentioned at the start of the thread! Ended up at a local garage, and bought the above '56' plate model including a years warranty at any Fiat Garage, full tank of diesel and 6 months road tax.

Picking up on Friday morning :)

Neither of the ones I mentioned at the start of the thread! Ended up at a local garage, and bought the above '56' plate model including a years warranty at any Fiat Garage, full tank of diesel and 6 months road tax.

Good choice of model AND colour!

Mine is a 56 plate too, remapped to 193Bhp since it was just 32,000 miles old, now has 67,000 on the clock and runs like an absolute dream! (y)

looks like mine :D well at least until thursday :rolleyes: any optional extras on it or just the standard sporting?
nice car mate
enjoy

looks like mine :D well at least until thursday :rolleyes: any optional extras on it or just the standard sporting?
nice car mate
enjoy

Just standard. Had the option of an '06' Sporting at another garage with full leather and dualzone climate control with 45k on the clock. Whilst both those would have nice, decided it was wiser to go with the one I bought. Can the dualzone climate control be retrofitted if I wanted to?

same as my last gps that got smashed up by a blind half asleep 5am driver..... miss it loads, but love me new gps even more. the new orleans blue looks good in the sunshine dont it ;)

have they really got that much power, i didnt feel a rite lot at 60 in 3rd wudnt really pull, r they better lower in the rev range, if u wer doing 60 in c2 in 3rd and put ur foot down u knew about it

have they really got that much power, i didnt feel a rite lot at 60 in 3rd wudnt really pull, r they better lower in the rev range, if u wer doing 60 in c2 in 3rd and put ur foot down u knew about it

:confused: Wonder whats wrong with yours then?

Back