Technical Which Fiat Ducato do I have.

Currently reading:
Technical Which Fiat Ducato do I have.

Greytop

I have a Hymer Motorhome, built on a Fiat Ducato chassis which has a 2002 registration.
I am trying to understand which model I have, as apparently the build was changed in March 2002. There are in effect two models I could have one built from 1994 to March 2002. Or one built from March 2002 onwards.
Is there any way I can check which one I have.

I have a Hymer Motorhome, built on a Fiat Ducato chassis which has a 2002 registration.
I am trying to understand which model I have, as apparently the build was changed in March 2002. There are in effect two models I could have one built from 1994 to March 2002. Or one built from March 2002 onwards.
Is there any way I can check which one I have.

Take the VIN and the V5c to a Fiat dealership and ask them to print off a build state

I am attaching a link to an earlier post by rayc, that I have found useful. and which he understandably seems to have forgotten.

https://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/340040-understanding-all-model-varieants.html

So if you look at the VIN number in V5C or on VIN plate........

Without looking, the position of reverse gear also changed, but there could have been some overlapping.

X230 reverse next to 4th, and later X244 reverse is next to first with a pull ring on the knob. This is the model to which you can add DIY cruise control.

Last edited:
I am attaching a link to an earlier post by rayc, that I have found useful. and which he understandably seems to have forgotten.

I hadn't forgotten but with A class motor homes it is not so easy as with vans or coach built motor homes as there is no cab/ lights etc to go by. This is especially so when it was first registered in the facelift year.

I hadn't forgotten but with A class motor homes it is not so easy as with vans or coach built motor homes as there is no cab/ lights etc to go by. This is especially so when it was first registered in the facelift year.

Hi Rayc, it is in fact a coach-built Motor home, a Hymer Swing.

Back