Technical Which Engine Oil good for 2.4 Stilo Abarth 02 Reg??

Currently reading:
Technical Which Engine Oil good for 2.4 Stilo Abarth 02 Reg??

GaryPan

HI there,

does any one suggest which Engine Oil brand is good for 52 reg 2.4 Fiat Stilo Abarth??

thanks so much

selenia, 20k, can get it from fiat at a reasonable price or ebay etc(y)

Actually, I believe that Selenia themselves recommend the Selenia Racing for the 2.4 as it's 10w60 instead of 10w40... I'm assuming that they believe that the thicker oil is better and offers more protection when the engine's up to temperature (y)

Actually, I believe that Selenia themselves recommend the Selenia Racing for the 2.4 as it's 10w60 instead of 10w40... I'm assuming that they believe that the thicker oil is better and offers more protection when the engine's up to temperature (y)

nope, 20k in your book ill think you will find, its also got crap cold weather properties, despite the numbers being the same, youll have no benefit over the 20k unless you drive on tracks;)

20k is adiquate for normal driing and the ocasional rag;)

nope, 20k in your book ill think you will find, its also got crap cold weather properties, despite the numbers being the same, youll have no benefit over the 20k unless you drive on tracks;)

20k is adiquate for normal driing and the ocasional rag;)

The handbook may recommend 10w40 back in 2002 but since then, Selenia now recommend 10w60... I'll chalk that up to their experience since the launch of the 2.4 and trust it (y)

The handbook may recommend 10w40 back in 2002 but since then, Selenia now recommend 10w60... I'll chalk that up to their experience since the launch of the 2.4 and trust it (y)

i know seleina racing is recommended, but what im getting at is, for normal driving conditions, why spend the extra on the racing oil when its the same under normal load and only different under extreme driving.

as i said its more expensive and only benefitial if you do tracks really i would have thought, as under normal driving, your getting nowhere near the temps the racing oil is designed for:D(y)

and my handbook says 10 40 and thats 2005, but dont suppose they changed the book, except the tyre pressure sticker in the back for the schui:D

Last edited:

Call into the service dept of a dealer and ask for "oil for an Abarth" and they'll sell you 20k - even after a check on their system to see what oil is recommended.

I've an 05 Abarth and my handbook states Selenia 20K (SAE 10 - 40W) or performer (SAE 5-40W) all synthetic, page 378. I've always used 5-30W for top ups, probably at bit thin for day to day running but so far so good, does drink a little though, I was hard when running in, thought I'd start as I mean't to go on, perhaps 3000mile to a litre!

Back