General Where do 500 come from?

Currently reading:
General Where do 500 come from?

Not a great brainstorm is it maxi. Considering (bar germany) other European countries economies are in a much much worse position than us.

So how the hell does staying open an extra couple of weeks cure the economical problems we're currently having? :rolleyes:

Some people can't grasp the idea that its better to have a factory holiday than trying to manufacture on a skeleton workforce where your paying people to stand around idle (when things go wrong or slow up) and then still have to pay them when they go on holiday. At least with a factory holiday all the routine maintenances can be done without delaying production.

Some people can't grasp the idea that its better to have a factory holiday than trying to manufacture on a skeleton workforce where your paying people to stand around idle (when things go wrong or slow up) and then still have to pay them when they go on holiday. At least with a factory holiday all the routine maintenances can be done without delaying production.
Just say that these people are ignorant, it's more insulting/true :)

the 500 is built in Poland but the factory shuts down for August, as do many European manufacturers.
Italy, France and some of Germany do the same. They worked out some time ago that its difficult to keep production lines
working when most of your workforce want to be on holiday with their kids. Some factory's here close for 1 or 2 weeks in the summer for the same reason.
Due to big amount of orders this year's holiday pause in Tychy will last two weeks (since 5 till 16 August) instead of the usual one month :) They usually use this time for maintenance and modernization of factory's machines. It's normal practice for car factories – the same does Opel in Gliwice.

I asked the dealer today if there was any update on the status of our order, and was told that he will get one when the factory reopens next week, so now I'm a bit confused. He had earlier said that I was correct about the shutdown when I mentioned that I had heard there was to be only a 2 week break (5 till 16 August) this year. Can someone confirm the actual summer shutdown period for the factory this year?

I asked the dealer today if there was any update on the status of our order, and was told that he will get one when the factory reopens next week, so now I'm a bit confused. He had earlier said that I was correct about the shutdown when I mentioned that I had heard there was to be only a 2 week break (5 till 16 August) this year. Can someone confirm the actual summer shutdown period for the factory this year?

The factory in Poland should be back to normal by now and TBH to check a status update is a fully automated service. They certainly do not send emails requesting it or call them up to find out... Lazy dealer I'm afraid! I would keep pestering him! ;-)

Back