Styling Wheels

Currently reading:
Styling Wheels

ok guys i know this is a subject that comes up again and again i did take a wade thru the previous posts but didnt find anything usefull...

i have a black 97 cinq sporting and hey ho i want some new rims so which sizes look right, pass MOT and require LITTLE to NO modification to arches im lookin for tyres to be ultra low profile just cos i like that look...

i know they're 98-100PCD with wobbly bolts, whats the deal with spacing... (i can make my own spacers) its a blank canvass throw some ideas at me and all will be considered i dont want to loose excessive amounts of acceleration tho

Stain

well if you know its been covered plenty then doesnt it make more sense to look around at styles you like.
theres plenty places to look and spacers depend on offset so its down to the wheel.aim around 35-38 on offset for ease.
go out and find some wheel styles you like then people are able to help.
not do the legwork for you!!

Last edited:
would these fit? im asking mainly about the tyre width ie the 195 bit

4 * Brand New 6.5x15" Wolfrace Lionhart LH1 Alloy Wheels Polished Face with Black Inners. Fitted with Brand New Premium Performance 195/50/15 Tyres. Price includes nuts or bolts. Fitments available 4x100 et35, 4x108 et25, 4x108 et35.

richydraper said:
what kind of work extensivearce rebuild or minor bend a bit here and there?

I cant comment as i dont run 15''

Better searching the forum for owners of centos with 15'' and read their comments, i know OZ seicento runs 15''

based on their comments about it from memory you will need work doing, thats about as best as i can offer

ALOT of arch work, ive ran 15's on both my cinqs, et 40'/37s 15mm hubcentric spacers, and a hell of alot of skilled arch work, even then i get scrubage, ie the arches hit the tyres over bumps, 195/50 is too big, if you want low profile 195/45 is better for 15's :)

ok the decision has been made ive spent hours looking around for 175/50/15's and i aint gettin anywhere fast:bang: im wondering if anyone knows a website they could point me to where i may be having more luck or let me know where people got their setup from

richydraper said:
ok the decision has been made ive spent hours looking around for 175/50/15's and i aint gettin anywhere fast:bang: im wondering if anyone knows a website they could point me to where i may be having more luck or let me know where people got their setup from

so you want a 15" wheels, 175/50, you will need to think about the wheels width and the offsets here, a 15" wheel tends to be wider that the standard ones you'l have, so there for stick out further.

in my experience (and a few others) ive always found you will need some spacers n arch work, in order to get the wheels away from the inner strut or if the latter with the lower offset, to stop the wheel scrubbing the arch.

ie 15" with a width of 6.5 and an offset of 40 needs 15mm spacers
however 15" with a width of 6.5 and an offset of 25 needs no spacers (40-15=25)

iirc can go to 7" wide offset 25 or 40 with 15 mm spacers wil stick out slightlye further and sit slightly closer to the strut but will still clear.

the wheels tend to fit under the arches. its the tyres that cause the problem, if the wheels are the right offset for thier width and are fiat fittment, then its just the tyres you need to worry about, 175 will work better than 195 as will give you less tread width and should bring the tyre in above the wheel. but at the end of the day if you have bouncy suspension the 15" wheels will never completely fit in the cinqs arch without work so you will get the squeaking!

what style of wheel do you like?

Last edited:
http://www.blackcircles.com/ for tyres £132 for a set of 4 175/50/r15 's Hancook are the make but they also stock khumo for a little extra.

alloys i have are ET24 and are 15" j5.5 they fit in the arches fine just rub on full lock but my rear arches have been rolled (just cut slits in and tap up with a hammer and cover in grease/waxoyl or bitchamin or somthing)

once ur alloys/tyres arrive take them to a tyre place and pay about £40 for tyres to be fitted/balanced and jobs a gooden.

problem with getting 4x100 pcd do they actually make wobbly bolt lock nuts?!?!

i went round a few places today and basically found out that NOBODY in cov at least sells 15" rims that are less than 6" deep :bang: apparently this poses a problem with running 175 as i am told that they are too narrow to fit a 6x15...

on the up side i have found a place on ebay that does these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/14-ALLOY-WHEE...hZ001QQcategoryZ28648QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
im prepared to throw 14's on if it means i dont have to mod the archs too much
these come with eiter 175/50's or 185/50s (for a little more money)
do u think they will look right and fit right? will i need to space them out? what is the j part in th 6.jx14 4x98 et25? sorry for the simple questions only im used to rake and trail on motorcyles not offset and section on these fangled dangled car things

i love the "touring" car style rims and i think they are growing on my missus as well! (y) i can always get em powder coated gun metal or black if i really wanted and i know of chroming places if i wanted a hard finish aswell...

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
richydraper said:
a problem with running 175 as i am told that they are too narrow to fit a 6x15...

they are big chickens!! they will fit, ive got 165/50/r15 n there 7" wide ! now by the law of counting, if a 165/50 will fit on 7" wide, then a 175/50 will more than definately fit on a 6" wide.

anyway.................... 14" alloys on a cinq, are alot less hassel :slayer:

This width calculator shows the rim widths that tyres will fit http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/TyreCalc.asp

For example a 175/50 15 will fit on rim widths from 5-6.5".
and a 165/50 15 will fit on rims widths from 4.5-6".

Some people do stretch tyres on to rims that they are not meant or designed for, this could mean the tyre is not performing as it should leading to abnormal handling or breaking characteristics.

Back