What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

Two things!
1 My GEM breakdown cover renewal came today. Thank heavens for a company that is NOT a money grabber. The premium is the same as the last 3 or 4 years. Its so refreshing I shall not even think about it. I shall just renew.
2 My favourite car accessory . This stuff really works.

Attachments

• 20240319_151351.jpg
    20240319_151351.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240319_151406.jpg
    20240319_151406.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240319_151414.jpg
    20240319_151414.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
YeeHaa. I'm wearing jeans instead of sweatpants or shorts for the first time in 6 weeks. I almost feel normal. Almost.
Im 14 month post kidney op and still wearing jogger pants. I managed a day in trousers on Sunday so I know how you feel. Well done lol

Last edited:
I was able to score this years' one new Duro HF307 tire for the Ural. I replace the most worn tire every year, which is usually the spare. The new tire ends up as the pusher, the old pusher tire goes on the sidecar, and the sidecar tire becomes the spare. The front...well, it's a disk brake wheel and not interchangeable with the rears, which are drums, and wears differently from the rest. I will usually just break the tire down from the rim and rotate it 180 to run the other direction.

What really made me smile is that in 22 and 23, getting the new tire was like pulling teeth and, if I could find it, it was $25 more than now. In 22, I had to substitute a Kenda, that was slightly smaller in OD with a more aggressive tread. It barely lasted 1000 miles.

View attachment 440559

What a sad end to the story. Incredible what can be seen in the big apple.
All the sadder knowing that they knowingly left safety features off the plane to save costs…and, like that RAF Charlie 130 that was downed in Afghanistan, if the tanks were filled with foam, both aircraft would have survived.
However, there was a lot of pressure from other airline manufacturers, notably Boeing, like with the Comet, things can be put right but they adversely marketed against a competitor. The irony now is that Boeing is actively’bricking itself’ with all its recent disasters

Looking forward to spending my weekend not looking at crap cars..

Victory....

PXL_20240322_164709562.MP~2.jpg

It's not immaculate but close enough for who it's for...and even still under manufacturer warranty as previous owner kept servicing it at the dealer.

Looking forward to spending my weekend not looking at crap cars..

Victory....

View attachment 440562

It's not immaculate but close enough for who it's for...and even still under manufacturer warranty as previous owner kept servicing it at the dealer.
Toyota, perfect for a man in his 70s

At least with this one it will probably out last him so you need never trawl around looking for its replacement ever again

All the sadder knowing that they knowingly left safety features off the plane to save costs…and, like that RAF Charlie 130 that was downed in Afghanistan, if the tanks were filled with foam, both aircraft would have survived.
However, there was a lot of pressure from other airline manufacturers, notably Boeing, like with the Comet, things can be put right but they adversely marketed against a competitor. The irony now is that Boeing is actively’bricking itself’ with all its recent disasters
So many inaccuracies in this it’s hilarious

If only Pandas could fly..... we could avoid the problems.

Attachments

• 0d94efe0a58f5b9e5722f392c2d5587b.jpg
    0d94efe0a58f5b9e5722f392c2d5587b.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 5
  • fiat_cargo_pic.jpg
    fiat_cargo_pic.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 6
Half an hour before bedtime, no point in engaging in anything special on the telly, found an old episode of 'Bread'. Some of us will remember that.
Entertaining for half an hour, no reason to search out another.

The real point, was one of the adverts. One of these online bingo organisations, called "Luckycow".
Made me laugh out loud.
Are they deliberately taking the p*** out of their expected demographic, or did they really just miss that? Will it attract any customers, and if it does, will they see the funny side of that, or miss the point? Will those who see it, stay away.

Back