General whats it worth?

Currently reading:
General whats it worth?

Despite the current recession, there are a lot of people around who have a lot of money to spend. Whilst £7,500 seems a high price to most, in reality it's small change to some and it's this type of buyer who tends to deal with bona fide traders.

As has been posted on here many times before, an item is worth what someone is prepared to pay at the time. 'Sods Law' however, dictates that when you are trying to buy, prices are high and when you are trying to sell (or even worse, have to sell) prices seem ridiculously low. Best wishes to anyone trying to do either. There - isnt that a nice start to your weekend? I'm off to adopt a dolphin.

Steve

Haha. This year I'm teaching Maths and Design Technology. Thanks for the thumbs up on the hardtop. It is a pretty addition and makes the car look totally different. Afrokings right about the rattling though and I will need to sort this. I don't have the trims that go over the catches behind the headrests but I am not optimistic I will be able to find them anywhere. Steve

Rattles on the hardtop are a pain. I've been chasing both sides..fix one then the other starts rattling..just behind my ear. Tracked it down to the spring latch. The body is flexing while the roof isn't, so the only bit that can move is the screw adjuster on the latch. After a while on bad roads it works loose. Solution seems to be superglue or thread lock..just a dab to hold the top screw on the latch fixed.

Also those bloody spring clips that hold the trim panels are C*P!. I replaced mine with 2x 10mm chrome screws and glued 2 nuts where the original locking pins went.

Trim covers are rocking horse doo-dah! But it shouldn't be hard to make up a blanking plate. best Blue Peter style:

Now kids get an adult to do this. 1 clear plastic icecream box lid, 1 felt pen. Draw round the oval shape as template..cut hardboard to fit. You need a small locating plate on the back and a hole for bolts as above..cover the thing with cloth and trim off so its neat. Voila! Trim panels!

Last edited:
Mine only does it on bad roads..round here off the motorway thats all of them. Tighten the catches down so they are stiff, you'll see how the seal looks at the sides. Main issue on mine has been window seal adjustment..reminds me to keep the speed down as it whistles like a kettle over 100...

Back