What would you keep?

• Keep the Cinq

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keep the Marea

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Sell both and get a diesel

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Ive just been offered a Job which im really keen on taking. The position is a Photographic assistant/driver which will basically envolve me assisting a local (good reputation) photographer as an assistant so I will be helping him setup and pack away equipment at shoots, helping with post shoot photoshop work and colour correction etc, and various other bits and bobs.

Now, the position also requires me to be a driver for him. He doesnt drive and so would also be hiring me as a driver and this requires me to supply my own transport which, at the moment, is a Cinq Sporting. However, I also have the Marea weekend 20v still here.

Here is my problem.

The cinq is a little embarasing. Whilst its a great fun car and I love it (even though its been an arse to get it MOTed), its still a silly little yellow box and I realise this heh. Whilst it will cope with long trips (to london and back as he does alot of work in london), it isnt the ideal car for soaking up miles. Plus depending on how much equipment the guy has, it might not be big enough.

Now as said above, the Marea is still here and so I could use that which would solve the milage problem and it is definatly big enough. Plus it looks more professional and alot less embarasing than a silly little yellow cinq.

My problem with the Marea is that being a 20v, it uses ALOT of petrol. No problem for traveling 10miles to work and back daily but when your talking 150miles each way atleast once a week, the costs really start to add up! I will be getting paid 40p per mile petrol allowence and so the majority will be covered but in the marea, a tank is nearly £70 and I could probably just about do the 300mile round trip on a full tank IF I was very lucky! The petrol allowence would definatly cover the costs of the traveling but still, for that milage I could be making a hell of alot more money without having to fork out for extra traveling. Plus should something go wrong with the 20v, its not easy or cheap to fix either.

So basically, my question is, would you keep the cinq or keep the marea? One of them has to go either way. Or would you sell both and turbo diesel instead?

get rid of both and get a brava(y)

you coud always get the cinq stickered up with advertising graphics for sed employee, but sounds like both cars are not up to the job, so i would get rid and get something more practical for the job

See this is obviously my third thought as in reality, neither cars are ideal. The marea is perfect except for it having the monster 20v engine. If it was th 1.6 or TD/JTD it would be spot on (y)

But I dont really want to sell the cinq now ive spent around £300 getting it ready for the MOT :p Ive just taken it for a good 30 min blast around in the moors and it was fantastic. sideways action all over the place :D

See this is obviously my third thought as in reality, neither cars are ideal. The marea is perfect except for it having the monster 20v engine. If it was th 1.6 or TD/JTD it would be spot on (y)

But I dont really want to sell the cinq now ive spent around £300 getting it ready for the MOT :p Ive just taken it for a good 30 min blast around in the moors and it was fantastic. sideways action all over the place :D

:idea:well if you can afford to insure both atm why cant you keep the cinq and sell the marea replacing it with somethin easier on the fuel?:confused: having the cinq as a weekend car and t'other as a work mobile

How much do you reckon you could get for the Marea? Selling the cinq will boost the funds for the diesel....but do you REALLY want to sell the cinq?

Im not insured on the marea. Its for sale. Well technically its sold (via ebay) but the buyer is ****ing me around so i dont think its sold.

The marea would probably get around £600. The cinq would probably get around £400. maybe 500 if I sold it with a full MOT and Tax.

I cant afford to run 2 cars so if I were to get another car (IE a diesel), both would have to be sold.

Im pretty sure the cinq isnt an option. Too small and wouldnt take the big milage that well. The marea is ideal in size and has a big engine that will easily swallow the milage. Plus its alot more comfortable for longer journeys. The only downside being that it isnt the most economical car ever built.

Selling both would leave me with around £1000-£1100 which wont necessarily get me a good car. Something like an old astra diesel or similar would be what I would get.

At the moment I think im gonna stick with the marea. Its ideal in everyway except for the fuel economy but the fuel allowence does cover the costs. If it does work out to cost too much then I can always look into something more eco friendly in the future.

Im not insured on the marea. Its for sale. Well technically its sold (via ebay) but the buyer is ****ing me around so i dont think its sold.

The marea would probably get around £600. The cinq would probably get around £400. maybe 500 if I sold it with a full MOT and Tax.

I cant afford to run 2 cars so if I were to get another car (IE a diesel), both would have to be sold.

Im pretty sure the cinq isnt an option. Too small and wouldnt take the big milage that well. The marea is ideal in size and has a big engine that will easily swallow the milage. Plus its alot more comfortable for longer journeys. The only downside being that it isnt the most economical car ever built.

Selling both would leave me with around £1000-£1100 which wont necessarily get me a good car. Something like an old astra diesel or similar would be what I would get.

At the moment I think im gonna stick with the marea. Its ideal in everyway except for the fuel economy but the fuel allowence does cover the costs. If it does work out to cost too much then I can always look into something more eco friendly in the future.

yeah sometimes its better the devil you know.
if you cant afford to run both, obivously the marea wins in suitability over the cinq.
if you sold both and bought a £1000 desiel, you dont know what could go wrong with it. at least you know your marea.

Wouldn't £1000-1100 get you a Bravo/a JTD? Should get about 45mpg in one so will be more economical than the 20v Marea, and the JTD's are pretty reliable as well. Plus they are bigger than a Cinq so it solves the size problem as well.

Wouldn't £1000-1100 get you a Bravo/a JTD? Should get about 45mpg in one so will be more economical than the 20v Marea, and the JTD's are pretty reliable as well. Plus they are bigger than a Cinq so it solves the size problem as well.

Not a semi decent condition, good milage one, no. Plus the bravo/a JTDs are quite sought after and so tend to fetch alot more than the equivelant petrol version.

Back