Styling What size aftermarket wheels is on you palio?

Currently reading:
Styling What size aftermarket wheels is on you palio?

PaulSmit

Greetings.
What size after market wheels do you have on you palio.
i got the GO2 1.2.
I'm planning to put wheels on it but im stuck.i know 15" will fit but what rims size should i go for.and what tyres can with on what rim....or....
i'm planning 17" if they wil fit,they look so much better than 15" rims, but what tyre a rim sizes must i look for.

Please Help.
P

I have a Strada Pickup which is almost the same as a palio and i have just fitted some 17" Rims with 225/45 17" tyres. I drives very nice now.:)

I have a Strada Pickup which is almost the same as a palio and i have just fitted some 17" Rims with 225/45 17" tires. I drives very nice now.:)

That's almost unbelievable.
The Strada Pick-Up has a very stiff suspension ( in compare to a normal passenger car), and with such a low section tire the ride will be very harsh.
Also the 225 width tire will make the car very nervous on the highway, it will search for every hole and track, so you will have to keep both hands firm at the steering wheel.

That's almost unbelievable.
The Strada Pick-Up has a very stiff suspension ( in compare to a normal passenger car), and with such a low section tire the ride will be very harsh.
Also the 225 width tire will make the car very nervous on the highway, it will search for every hole and track, so you will have to keep both hands firm at the steering wheel.

Hi Peter. Now that you mention that it makes the car very nervous, i have noted that every now and then you have to fight the steering wheel on uneven road surfaces. My appoligies. When i fitted the tyres i was so impressed by the looks and didn't care about the small things.

Thank you for pointing that out. You seem to know your stuff. Here's a link to what it looks like with some 17's on.(y)

https://www.fiatforum.com/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=655#

It does look good, I agree.
But handling is also important, on a relative small car like the Palio ( or Strada, which is based on the Palio Weekend) I wouldn't go larger than 15 inch, maybe 16 inch alloy's with 195 or 205 width tires.
Last year I needed 4 new alloys on my Fiorino Pick-Up, (my daily driver) I went for 14 inch 5 spoke alloys with 185/55-14 tires, it's a bit more bumpy than the original 13 inch steel wheels, but still acceptable. (and remember, we have good, flat roads in Holland....!).

It does look good, I agree.
But handling is also important, on a relative small car like the Palio ( or Strada, which is based on the Palio Weekend) I wouldn't go larger than 15 inch, maybe 16 inch alloy's with 195 or 205 width tires.
Last year I needed 4 new alloys on my Fiorino Pick-Up, (my daily driver) I went for 14 inch 5 spoke alloys with 185/55-14 tires, it's a bit more bumpy than the original 13 inch steel wheels, but still acceptable. (and remember, we have good, flat roads in Holland....!).[/q

You are absolutely correct, handling is probaly the most important thing.
Thank you for your advice Peter. You have made me aware of some things that we don't really think of every day.(y)

Attachments

• DSCF1472 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1472 (Small).JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 46
Is your Strada Brazilian made, or is it made in S. Africa?
What brand of tires do you run on those 17" ?
Is your speedometer still working correct with those large tires?

It's fully imported from Brazil.
It has Velocity axe tyres which is a cheaper brand of the original Continental tyre made by Continental itself in S. Africa.
According to Tiger Wheel and Tyre that fitted the rims and tyres i have a 8% error on my speedo due to the large tyres. After reading your posts i think i will sell the rims and tyres now and settle for some nice 15" Mags with 195/50 tyres.:idea:

Yes we do assemble a few of the Fiat models, but i am not sure which they are. Might be the Palio:confused:. Thanks for the Tyre size calculator. If i go for 205/40/17" Then i will only have a -0.8% difference which is almost 100%. At least i wont need to get rid of the 17" mags then:cool:.

I order those tires at the internet, they are delivered at my home, than I go to a local tire fitter, where they mount them for me.....
Maybe Delti has a branch in your country as well...??
They are all over the world, and are the least expensive tire seller I have found so-far.

Edit: no Delti branch in S.Africa......

Last edited:
The most driveable versiyon is of Peter's. Bigger than 15 comes with many compromises like harsh ride, excessive comsumption, tyre rub, lesser passengers etc. Lower your car like 40mm.s after putting 195/50/15s, your car will look good enough and be driveable all the time. 16s may be barely used if you locate 195/45/16s. 205/XX/16s would rub to the wheelarches most of the time. I have seen 205/XX/17s once but i don't know how the owner was able to drive it.

Back