General Wet Carpet, What Now?!

Currently reading:
General Wet Carpet, What Now?!

It's certainly been reported before.

Chances are the evaporator drain pipe has either become blocked or come loose. IIRC in a previous thread someone described the factory method of attaching the pipe as 'naff' and suggested a better way of securing it, but despite spending 10 mins using the search function, sadly I can't find it.

Hi there.

It was my 500 with the rubbish AC drain hose fitting

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/353579-water-o-s-front-foot-well.html

Hope it helps,annoying having to dry carpet and sound deadening (took ages) but easy to fix.

Just to update this, there's a known issue with some 500s that is covered by a FIAT tech service bulletin (not recall).

In essence, there's a lack of seam sealer where the read slam panel meets the driver's side chassis rail. The rail fills with water & eventually floods the footwell.

FIAT wanted me to pay for this, despite the car being in year 3 warranty. 0.8 hours. But after some discussion, the dealer waived this & took the hit.

This was great for me but very unfair on the dealer. Why do FIAT continue to male things so hard for themselves?

Do you have a sunroof?

I do know that sunroofs can leak, and the drains can get blocked too. The leaks can come down the A pillars or B pillars and into the carpet system at the front, or if the drains are blocked the water can seep through the sills into the carpet.

I know this from experience from previous cars, though we are newbies to all things Fiat.

Best wishes,
Mick.

Borrowed from another thread over in the Panda 2012+ lounge, this is a press car.

Mine is a new order, due late January / early February.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1416255223.843359.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1416255258.537167.jpg

I hope you don't mind me saying, the styling reminds me slightly of fondly remembered 'bug-eyed' Multipla... I always wanted one, hubby said he'd rather been seen in a tractor....;) I like Panda X, its definitely different.

Remember, Fiat had this many years before this

Now they do 'cute' cars...

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 16
  • download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back