"we want pre-nupt, we want pre-nupt"

Currently reading:
"we want pre-nupt, we want pre-nupt"

didn't work for these guys, not even in the land of the multi-millionaire celebrity lawyer:

TOP 10 CELEBRITY DIVORCES
1. Basketballer Michael Jordan, 2007, $150m+
2. Singer Neil Diamond, 1994, $150m
3. Film director Steven Spielberg, 1989, $100m
4. Actor Harrison Ford, 2004, $85m
5. Actor Kevin Costner, 1994, $80m
6. Beatle Sir Paul McCartney, 2007 (divorce still pending - amount is estimated) $60m
7. Film director James Cameron, 1999, $50m
8. Actor Michael Douglas, 1998, $45m
9. Singer Lionel Richie, 2004, $20m
10. Singer Mick Jagger, 1999, $15-25m
Source: Forbes magazine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6552597.stm

to paraphrase chris rock "i know OJ didn't do it, but i'd understand"

Can't really see what he's moaning about.He's worth 825 million giving her the 60 million she wants is hardly gonna break him is it,why put yourself through all the hassle or hasn't he got anything better to do?

Can't really see what he's moaning about.He's worth 825 million giving her the 60 million she wants is hardly gonna break him is it,why put yourself through all the hassle or hasn't he got anything better to do?

He might be worth £825 million but that's not hard cash that he can draw out of his bank account, it's assets, properties and stuff like that. Handing over £60 million in cash could be a huge blow even for someone like him.

this is it,look at michael jackson(okay not a great example) but at one point he was mooted ot be struggling for cash.
these figures in the press are often created using every possible asset he has or could have with speculative valuations.
my point still stands though as to how much money should she get considering he can say he earned it all before.
differnet when its a couple who have been together while building wealth

True, Macca doesn't have much cash - his wealth is in rights to songs, property & other investments. A lot like whacko's wealth, his zoo etc is worth a lot as are his ownership of many songs. One programme on some time ago even suggested his staff hadn't been paid & he ended up selling loads of stuff to pay them - but he is still worth millions!

Thing is, it isn't just the celebs this is happening to. My mate lived in a large house, he'd struggled to pay off the mortgage on his own but by the time he met her, it was all his. She moves in, they get wed & have a kid (she already has one & my mate does the decent thing & adopts). As soon as the kid is born & my mate is now the adopted father of her first sprog, she starts bitching & kicks him out.
He ended up losing the lot.
She sold half the garden as a building plot then sold the house.

I've got a load of cash in trust for my kids, they can't touch it until they are 21, by which time they will have enough to buy 1/2 a house each - a heck of a step onto the housing ladder, the kind of start we never had.
Trouble is, they marry a gold-digger & they could lose the lot, so although the money for a downpayment is/was a great idea, I'm now going to have to take advice on how to proceed. Current thinking is that I buy 1/2 the house & they share a mortgage with their OHs for the rest of the house. That way, if there are problems, their spouse can only claw back the part of the house they have their names on.

Last edited:
My sister was quite succesful a few years ago before ditching materialistic modern living and she use to do two things if some bloke showed an interest.
1. She'd check the car out for kids stuff in case they lied about no kids.

2. She'd do a credit check on them through her business to see if they were lying about financial matters.

Neddless to say a number crashed and burned.

2. She'd do a credit check on them through her business to see if they were lying about financial matters.

Neddless to say a number crashed and burned.

as would she if she couldn't come up with decent excuse for accessing personal financial information for her own rather than business use.....

on a lighter note, give heather a break, the cost of sandpaper and varnish has been steadily rising.....

Back