General We just did a part ex on the 1.2

Currently reading:
General We just did a part ex on the 1.2

Son wanted a bigger engine so we traded it in for this: 1.8 Dynamic Limited Edition.

Attachments

• media-1.jpeg
    media-1.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 67
  • media.jpeg
    media.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 52
To tell the truth I dont have a clue lol, only that it has a few additions that my Dynamic doesnt have, such as the spoiler, side skirts, tinted windows, nicer wheels (that appear to be genuine Fiat wheels not later additions).

The dealer seemed to think it was a limited edition and not a customised car, I was concerned about what to tell the insurance company when it comes to the 'Has it got any mods?' question but perhaps it is just modified. It only has two previous owners and the first one is listed as the main dealer (Lisles Welwyn) so the dealer (also in Welwyn), we bought it from thought it may be an ex demonstrator hence all the extras? But you guys will probably know way more than I do!

Last edited:
I only drove it for half a mile or so but it feels so much better than the 1.2

It's nice, you wouldn't get an A3 in that color lets just say. I like those multi-spokes 17's i suspect, only other 17's were the blades i believe?

It's like an Active Sport exterior, with Dynamic interior

Welcome to the forum DamienJ

There's a huge difference Damien from the 1.2 to the 1.8. Less problems as well :)

Too bad you didn't find one with the leather steering wheel and shifter. I see there's no CD player as well.:hm:

I have been told 1.8 will be a huge difference, but i've got to learn some time. I'm not worried about the cd player as I am just gonna use the 1 i bought for the 1.2 (not that i've ever used a cd in it, thanks to bluetooth).

I've never had any problems with the 1.2 excluding the airbag error, but luckily this 1.8 also has that error message so I will feel right at home lol

There's a huge difference Damien from the 1.2 to the 1.8. Less problems as well :)

Too bad you didn't find one with the leather steering wheel and shifter. I see there's no CD player as well.:hm:

When we swap the cars over that cassette player is going in the 1.2 so that we dont leave it with a gaping hole in the dash:)

I thought the 1.8 would have more problems TBH, as much as I love my 1.6 I have spent a small fortune on various repairs and the 1.2 has only needed a tyre during the same period. How exactly does a 1.8 compare to other models?

How exactly does a 1.8 compare to other models?

To my knowledge and to the ones around this forum, the 1.8 is the most reliable engine in the petrol spectrum for the Stilo. It is completely different from the 1.6. No coil faults, no engine failures, no nothing. My car has 80.000 miles on the clock and apart from the timing belt absolutely nothing has been changed on the engine side.

My father's car, being in the family for almost 4 years now, has never had any problems as well, except for brake pads and a wishbone.

You will find they are very good and pleasant to deal with, and with a sporty touch. You can really have some performance out of the 133 bhp engine.

Mpg is worse, of course, but really depends on where you drive it.

lovely car! and i'm loving the wheels!! i know what u mean about the mods and insurance, i've got a chassis pack on mine which inclueds lowered suspension, bigger wheels and a body kit all fitted by the dealer when new so is that classed as a "modification"? ....... i hav'nt said anything yet just incase they sting me!(n)

Im on my phone but is that a pic of a GP Schumacher in your Avatar. if so then it comes out of the factory like that. The GP part of the name means it has had the upgrades and so the insurance will take that into consideration anyway.

As for Damians car, have a look at the suspention and see if its a different colour. This is normally a tell tail sign. Would i tell the insurance if i bought a car that is lowered? :devil:

The tints also dont look standard.

Looks very nice (y)

Bargain price for the condition & sounds like a good example with just dealer plus one owner. The alloys were an option i believe, possibly a Lineaccesori option (dealer fit). The side skirts were also optional. Personally i wouldnt tell insurance co about them as theyre Fiat parts & not a 'mod'.

Reckon the windows are aftermarket tints, not sure if insurance are bothered about that :confused:

I think the ride height is standard, maybe the springs are abit tired & combined with 17" wheels filling the arches & bodykit addingg an inch onto the sills, thats what makes it look lower.

Back