Technical Water leak from the bottom of the car ?

Currently reading:
Technical Water leak from the bottom of the car ?

infoseeker

Hi Guys

I am so glad there is a Forum for Fiat Multipla , it makes it so easy to such share such a wealth of information.

I brought My first Fiat Multipla Used 2001 model two days ago , its a diesel Car,

I had my spring issue answer on a different tread and I have just notice another issue just want to check it out to see if its okay here is my problem

At the bottom of the car near the middle or what appears to me the centre, there is a very small amount of water dripping ? is this normal for a diesel car ? I have attach two photo of the problem it might help if you zoom into the picture.

The water tank is at its Max check this morning and still is the same this afternoon I have driven about 30 miles today also the Screen wash appears to me to be the same so I can't figure out where this drips of water is coming from it does stop after 5 to 10 minus , I don't think I have a AC car as I can see the AC button.
Have check the bonnet can't see any obvious leaks near the radiator
any ideas ,

Once again fella's & ladies thanks for your reply's and helping out.

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Could you post up a picture of the dash heating controls area? This will tell us if the car has AC - small leaks are hard to detect in this location as they could be from the engine or the heating piping.
The fact that it stops 10-15 mins after driving suggests that it a coolant issue and only occurs when pressurised, if you've got access to ramps or axle stands, take the car on a run to get it warm, get it up and have a look around the engine bay with a powerful torch.

Hi Guys

I am so glad there is a Forum for Fiat Multipla , it makes it so easy to such share such a wealth of information.

I brought My first Fiat Multipla Used 2001 model two days ago , its a diesel Car,

I had my spring issue answer on a different tread and I have just notice another issue just want to check it out to see if its okay here is my problem

At the bottom of the car near the middle or what appears to me the centre, there is a very small amount of water dripping ? is this normal for a diesel car ? I have attach two photo of the problem it might help if you zoom into the picture.

The water tank is at its Max check this morning and still is the same this afternoon I have driven about 30 miles today also the Screen wash appears to me to be the same so I can't figure out where this drips of water is coming from it does stop after 5 to 10 minus , I don't think I have a AC car as I can see the AC button.
Have check the bonnet can't see any obvious leaks near the radiator
any ideas ,

Once again fella's & ladies thanks for your reply's and helping out.
check the drain tube from vents below wind screen, it runs down the back of the engine bay and discharges in the area you mentioned.. mine was blocked and was releasing the trapped water over a few days

Back